If you have an issue while using your Dymo Rhino 5200 Label Printer
or Dymo Rhino 5200 Label Printer Kit
, try some of the following solutions. If you need further assistance, feel free to call / email us direct.
Battery Low / Battery Empty
• Attach the power adapter.
• Recharge the battery pack.
• Insert new AA alkaline batteries.
Poor Print Quality
• Clean the print head. See Cleaning Your Printer.
• Adjust the Print Contrast. See Adjusting Print Contrast.
• Check battery level; power may be low.
Label Jam - Motor is stalled due to label jam.
• Open the label cartridge compartment and remove the cartridge.
• Remove the label, clearing the jam.
• Make sure the label passes smoothly through the label guides on the label cartridge and that the label and ribbon are taut across the mouth of the cartridge.
• When the jam is cleared, press OK to clear the display.
Uneven or slanted printing - The cartridge is not positioned correctly.
• Check the label cartridge compartment to make sure the cartridge is inserted properly.
• Make sure the two levers in the label compartment are locked on either side of the cartridge holding the cartridge in place.
Cannot close the label cartridge lid - The cartridge is not inserted correctly.
• Make sure nothing is blocking the cartridge cover and that the label cartridge is inserted properly.
Unable to return to the previous menu
• Press ESC to return to the previous menu.
• Press CLR to return to the display and clear all settings.
Nothing shows on the display
• Ensure the printer is turned on.
• Insert new batteries, charge battery pack, or plug in power adapter.
• Remove power adapter and batteries, and then reattach power to restart the printer.
Display text is too light to read
• Turn on backlight.
• Adjust the display contrast.
Too many lines message (Too many lines for this label width)
• Reduce the number of text lines.
• Insert a wider label cartridge.
Barcode not allowed message (Barcodes can only be printed on 3/4" 19 mm wide labels)
• Replace the label cartridge.
• Change the label width.
Print error... (The label is jammed)
• Open the label cartridge door and check that the label is not jammed.
• Pull a small amount of label from the cartridge to make sure the label moves freely.
No response when pressing keys (One of the keys may be jammed)
• Press each key to determine which key is jammed.
• Press the jammed key firmly until it returns to its normal position.
How do I remove the backing from the label?
RHINO labels have an easy-peel split back.
1. Locate the split on the label backing.
2. Gently pinch the label length-wise, folding toward the printed side of the label. The label backing will separate.
3. Carefully peel away the backing from the label.