Office Equipment & Supplies - Page 9 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Need to reset purge counter due to error 46
MFC-5440CN saved from the tip!
"Unable to Clean" message - found TrickyDicky's sltn 4 for various printers.
Went into maint mode as per sltn 4 - verified error 46.
"The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed."
Keyed in 80 - stepped through the items with "down" key and located Purge Counter.
"Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero
Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state."
This worked brilliantly - no need to tamper with any parts of the printer. Purge Counter reset did it all. Fully functional printer.
Thanks TrickyDicky for info on verifying the error code and purge reset
Brother MFC 210C...
on Jul 06, 2020
Cant connect printer to wireless laptop.
have you setup the wireless connection in between the printer and the laptop...
your laptop is working wirelessly with the internet but for making the printer to use it wirelessly the printer should be also a wireless printer.
and if the printer is a wireless printer then you have to setup the connection in between the printer & laptop to work wirelessly.
Brother MFC 240C...
on Jul 06, 2020
SHREDDER WILL NOT TURN ON
1) Check your electrical to ensure it is providing power
2) The shredder unit MUST BE SET ON TOP OF THE BUCKET IN A SPECIFIC DIRECTION. There is a "safety switch" under the unit that MUST CONNECT with a small part in the bucket otherwise the machine will not operate.
3) When you plug it into the electrical and get no lights, or the sound of the motor, etc. it is possible you have a blown fuse which is located in the motor housing. If you are comfortable with using a soldering iron you can replace it yourself.
Also, here is their site for Customer Service:
Black & Decker...
on Jul 02, 2020
How to find the MAC address for a konica minolta
I know this is and old post, but I came across this issue today and this post is the first that came up in my Google searches, and three was no good response. So I thought I would post an update.
[Sorry Zaheer, I know you were trying to be helpful, but your response was a little too vague and in the end, inaccurate]
1) Go to the printer's Web Connection by typing the IP address in a browser.
2) Make sure you are on the "System" tab (Blue) at the top
3) Click on the "Detail" link on the side menu
4) Click on the "Interface Info" sub link
* Notice that you do NOT log into the Admin portion of the Web Connection. That will only confuse you.
This will show various stats, one of which is the MAC Address of the machine.
It seems like this would be better placed in the Network tab under the admin interface, but here it is.
Hope this helps someone.
on Jul 02, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?