I am assuming that you are using Vista. Based on your post/description:
1. the HP Compaq 6710b has no parallel port;
2. the HP LaserJet IIP Plus is only capable of either serial or parallel connection;
3. hence you're attempting a USB to Parallel interface;
4. the printer is installed in your notebook and is set to USB port;
5. from the printer a test print can be performed but not from the Printer Properties in your notebook;
6. all printing jobs initiated from the notebook results in an "Error".
With the above in mind, may I point/suggest that:
a. Windows Vista driver will only enable your HP LaserJet IIP Plus' basic functions
to work. It is not 100% compatible;
b. alternately, you can try
using the XP
of the printer;
c. the compatibility issue may be compounded by the USB to parallel interface;
d. the USB to parallel interface may be hampered by a known Vista USB issue;
e. you can try patching/updating the Vista USB driver. Since this has been a recognized issue with Vista, Microsoft has posted a fix for this here
f. verify that the printer does not display a 22 or 40 Error
If the printing concern has not been rectified after completion of the above procedures, you may need to:
i. download and install HP Universal PostScript Print Driver
ii. consider using a wireless print server connected to the parallel port of the printer; or
iii.consider replacing your printer. Sorry.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Thank you for using FixYa.