Hardware & Accessories - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Setting the clock on a brinks timer 44-1011
I finally found the instructions for the Brinks timer 44-1011 and they work.
- BRINKS DIGITAL TIMER 44-1011 INSTRUCTIONS
- CURRENT TIME SETTING
- 1*Press and hold the OK button for 4 seconds. Hour Display flashes.
- 2*Press +/MANUAL or - to select the hour. Press OK to confirm.
- 3*Minute display will now flash. Press +/MANUAL or - to select the minute. Press OK to confirm.
- 4*Press MENU to exit the time setting mode. Now the timer is in clock mode.
- PROGRAM SETTING NOTE: This timer can be set up for up to 2 different programs. We will use PROG 1 for this example, however these steps can be repeated for any of the 2 programs. To cycle through the individual programs use the +/MANUAL or - after pressing MENU in step one until the desired PROG "#" is flashing. To clear a program setting hit the RECALL button when you have the program selected.
- 1*Press MENU button, PROG 1 "ON" will flash, press OK.
- 2*Hour will flash. Cycle with +/MANUAL or - to desired hour, press OK.
- 3*Minutes will flash. Cycle through minutes +/MANUAL or - to desired minute, press OK.
- 4*Program will be flashing again. Press +/MANUAL to get to PROG 1 "OFF" blinking, press OK.
- 5*Repeat steps 2-4 to complete PROG 1 setting.
- 6*When done setting programs press the MENU button to return to clock mode.
- 7*Press +/MANUAL to have LCD showing either "AUTO ON" or "AUTO OFF" for the timer to execute the programmed settings.
- DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME SETTING (DLST)
- 1*In clock mode, press RECALL to turn on or off the Daylight Saving Time.
- 2*Turn on DLST, the below of LCD shows +1H. Time is adjusted by adding one hour.
- 3*Turn off DLST, +1H will disappear and LCD shows the real time. MANUAL OVERRIDE AND ALWAYS ON/OFF When in clock mode the +/MANUAL sign cycles through
- 4 settings that serve as manual override. **ON - Indicates that the timer is in the ON mode, and will always be on regardless of the programmed setting. **AUTO ON - At this selection, the timer will come on regardless of the programmed setting, but it will follow the next programmed command. **OFF - Indicates that the timer is always off (i.e. the wall socket is turned off) **AUTO OFF - Indicates that the timer is in the OFF mode until the next programmed step that turns it ON.
- NOTE: For normal timer function, the selection must be either "AUTO ON" or "AUTO OFF". RESET At any mode, press RESET for 5 seconds. All settings will be cleared, return to clock mode, 12:00 MO, AM, AUTO OFF will be shown on LCD
I hope this is helpful. It was a bear to find.
My timer comes on at
1) Put black tape over photoelectric eye on timer.
Photo-eye is small round eyeball that bulges out.
See of lights stay on.
2) Turn timer away from source of light so photoelectric eye does not pick up feedback from lights.
It sounds like photo eye is receiving enough light that it turns off, 'thinking' it's dawn.
And then when lights are off, photo eye 'thinks' it's dark again, so lights come back on.
Let me know if this is the answer, because it's Christmas season, and folks have been asking about blinking outdoor timers. And then you're en-route to become fixya expert and boost your GNP by 3 cents an answer.
Why does it feed water to the sprinkler?
Why does or why doesn't it? Most of these are because of wires either broken or in the wrong position.s do you have all your ground wires hooked up...?what is your make and model? Sometime if you have your wires crossed then it won't turn on the water to the sprinkler, other times the actual water isn't turned on.
How do I use the Brinks outdoor timer 2 4 6 8 intervals Dusk to Dawn how do I set it to go on and off at a certain time
You can read how photocells work in the link but basically if the wall light switch is turned on or powered on, then when it gets too dark outside the cell or eye senses this and turns the light on.
Now if you live in say Alaska where the night can be longer than 8 hours this won't be as useful. Most areas have the darkest night 2300 or 11pm to 6 am ( seasonally adjusted) you decide how long you want the light on. If you regularly get home and want the light on only when you get home set for 2 hours or all night 8 hours. Many of us just put on the LED bulbs and leave it on all the time. The intervals where a great way to save money when you where blasting 100 watts or whatever now with LED it's 12.
I need to know how to operate my GE 50462 timer switch
This timer cannot be programmed.
Timer has pre-set program to turn lights or appliances on-off at random times so home looks occupied. GE 7-Day Random Vacation Timer turns lamps or appliances on or off during late evening and early morning hours, confusing potential burglars.
Rotate dial clockwise until current day and time lines up with pointer, and plug in.
Not finding what you are looking for?