GPS - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Firmware Update Fails
I'm not sure this will help, but per Magellan (see below), the firmware update must be run twice as your firmware is earlier than version 3. I have a GPS 315 with v2.03 and can't find a cable to update mine. My GPS 315 does not appear to have a cable connection either, just a screw port on the back for a carrying strap. Was your homemade cable wireless? How did you make it?
You must follow instructions exactly to avoid corrupting your unit's flash memory.
- Select the .zip file and save it to your hard drive. Open the .zip file using WinZip.
- Connect your receiver to your PC using the PC or Power/Data Cable.
- Turn on the receiver and press the NAV key.
- Make sure the batteries are at least 50% full.
- Select the MAGUP executable file from your PC.
- Follow the instruction until you see the message Upload Complete.
- If your unit's software version is earlier than 3.00, you will be prompted to turn the unit on again and load the software a second time. Follow the instructions.
Magellan GPS 315...
2 days ago
Unlock garmin 1390t gps forgot
Enter your four-digit personal
identification number that you used to lock your Garmin GPS. When your
Garmin GPS is locked, you need to enter the four-digit PIN every time
you turn the device on.
Drive to the security location
that you set when you locked your Garmin GPS. Turn your Garmin GPS on
and pull the GPS antenna up so that your GPS is able to acquire the
satellite. Once your GPS recognizes that you are at your security
location, it will unlock itself.
Contact Garmin if you forgot
your PIN and security location. You will need to send your GPS to
Garmin to have it unlocked. You will also need to send a valid product
registration or proof of purchase for Garmin to unlock your GPS. Call
Garmin at (800) 800-1020 and get the shipping address and specific
instructions from an authorized Garmin representative.
on Oct 20, 2020
How to set navigation path on gps 5061
Firstly you need to make sure your GPS card has maps files.
1. check your settings menu
2. try to find out navi path setting option
3. then click the select button to set it, the final path should be with .exe file.
4. Then click OK to save your settings.
on Oct 15, 2020
I bought at Garmin Nuvi
It's strange if the plug doesn't fit the cigarette lighter socket. They can be a tight fit so if you find it a little big for the socket try putting pressure on it to push it in. If it absolutely won't fit you can buy cigarette lighter plugs in car accessory shops. If you can get one that does fit you can cut the one that's on the lead off and fit the new one.
If you cannot get any plug to fit you can get the lead wired permanently into the car. Any garage would be able to do it for you.
Garmin Nuvi 660...
on Sep 29, 2020
Trying to recalibrate,
1. Satellites are NOT fixed in place.
2. The accuracy is no longer, and has not been for decades, fudged by the military.
3. When they were fudged it was off by many meters.
4. GPS is self calibrating. All the info comes from the satellites.
on Sep 29, 2020
How to Solution for Garmin Express not working?
GE is an app. It is regularly updated. Be sure it is up to date. When your GPS is plugged into a USB port via a standard USB cable it will enter the MASS STORAGE MODE. If GE is installed properly, it will auto recognize the unit and open. Do not use a Garmin cable to plug it in. It will not enter the mass storage mode with that cable.
on Sep 29, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?