Vehicle Parts & Accessories - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Replace purge valve
Cobra XRS 888 Radar Detector. Can I send my XRS 888 to Cobra to have it repaired?
Question edited for clarity.
Question moved to Cobra.
From the manual. Phone and ask them.
If this product should require factory service, please call Cobra first at 773-889-3087 BEFORE sending the product. This will ensure the fastest turnaround time on any repair.
If Cobra asks that the product be sent to its factory, the following must be furnished to have the product serviced and returned:
1. Send the complete unit, including power cord. (It is not necessary to include the mounting bracket.)
2. For warranty repair, enclose some form of proof-of-purchase,
such as a photocopy or carbon copy of a sales receipt. If you
send the original receipt, it cannot be returned.
3. Enclose a typed or clearly written description of the problem
you are having with your unit, plus the name and address where
you want the unit returned.
4. Pack the unit securely to prevent damage during transit. If possible, use the original packing materials.
5. Ship prepaid and insured using a traceable carrier such as United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express or Insured Priority mail with delivery confirmation. Ship to:
Cobra Factory Service, Cobra Electronics
Corporation, 6500 West Cortland Street, Chicago, IL 60707 U.S.A.
6. Please allow three to four weeks before contacting us about the status of your service. Call 773-889-3087 for assistance. If your unit is under warranty, it will either be repaired or replaced upon receipt, depending on the model. If your unit is out of warranty, you will receive a letter informing you of the repair or replacement charge.
Will not start
try giving the car a boost as when you keep trying to start the car - it drains the battery. If it starts - your battery is weak and needs changing
if it still does not start. it is either electronic problem or fuel problem.
what car do you have? do you notice any gas leak under your car? it could be a fuel pump.
Replace rotors and brake pads
There is a lot of videos on line to replace rotors and brake pads. If you have never did it before. Please leave it to the experts.
With this said, replacing the rotor and brake pads in todays cars are more easier.
1) get the right rotors and pads for your car.
2) Jack up one wheel at a time. Never work while the car is on a jack. Always use a jack stand to put the car on. Ie lower your car onto a jack stand to be safe. Put some plywood under the jack stand to prevent making holes in your driveway.
3) at this point - I will refer you to watch some videos with Chris Fix on how to replace the rotors and pads.
Toyota glove box lock is brocken
Your description is too short to give an answer than to replace the lock. My car glove box sometimes opens while driving. It happen since the car is new and I just live with it.
Stalls while driving or idling. starts right up after stall.
could your idle speed needs to be turn up? It sounds like your car is idle or engine is turning too low a speed. Do you have a tach inside the car dash? it would say your engine is running at 600 RM etc. Normally your car engine should run at 850 RPM when it is in drive and your foot on the brake pedal.
There is a cable that runs from your gas pedal to your intake manifold area. Normally there is an adjustment to make the cable shorter to speed up the car engine. This should fix your problem.
Before you can get it fixed = shift it quickly into neutral when you come to a stop sign. the RPM should increase and the car will not stall.
Viper 5301 2-Way Remote Flashes after every use
for heavy machinery cars etc. luckily there are many websites
that can help you repair
for eg site like reliable-store is very active in this.. instant help, emails and all that's fantastic
tried and tested !
Not finding what you are looking for?