Bialetti Express - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
I have a six-cup Mocha
Stove top coffee espresso brewers; have three compartments, the lower is a sealed water tank that once heated will push boiling hot water and steam through the coffee grounds and over flow into the 3d chamber at the top of the pot. It is finished once all the water has boiled out of the lower chamber.
* Naturally when you boil water in a sealed chamber it's going to pressurize to the point where something will give. In this case it's the coffee grounds. But what if the grounds plugs up the filter and pressurizes it beyond what the chamber can safely contain? This is where the safety valve will sense the over pressure and release the excess steam. You will see and hear a loud hiss and steam exiting from the side where this valve is.
* The safety valve is not adjustable. Pre-mature blow out (of steam) can be caused by too fine a grind on the coffee, Turkish grind is finer than espresso. This tiny grind will clog all the filter holes. Use the standard espresso grind which is 1 size up from Turkish grind.
* The safety valve may blow if too high a heat is applied to the pot. Turn down the stove to a lower setting to give the hot water and steam time to flow through the coffee. If you observe the coffee as it oozes out of the center post. It should be a steady flow (like lava) with a gush of steam near the end of the brew when the top pot is full.
* The safety valve can get clogged which needs to be cleaned and checked PRIOR to filling and using.
* when in doubt. change out the safety valve. You could check with your vendor or MFR for replacements. Also check Amazon.com for the part.
PS; There a numerous videos on how to clean and maintain these pots. (I do NOT recommend Descaling). Here is one that looks safe:
The pressure valve on my
I have the same problem. I cleaned all the parts, changed the pressure valve, cleaned the gasket, filters, everything. I hear the steam escaping from the overflow valve and if at that point I manually pull the valve up, then it does (barely) pop and steam the milk, but not as well as it used to.
Bialetti Coffee maker repair
Sure it can. http://www.bialetti.com/coffee/stovetop/moka-express/spare-parts-c-1_7_22_32.html or http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=bialetti+spare+parts&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=32661633397&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3217975301600862448&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_53u2x7ta30_b
Not finding what you are looking for?