Amana Microwave Ovens - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Amana 10D microwave fan stays on, doesn't shut off until unit is unplugged and re-plugged.
If the fan in your Amana 10D microwave stays on and doesn't shut off until the unit is unplugged and re-plugged, there could be an issue with the fan motor or the control board. Here are some things to try:
1. Check to make sure the vent is clear and unobstructed. If the vent is blocked, it can cause the fan to stay on.
2. Check the fan motor. The fan motor is responsible for turning the fan on and off. If it is faulty, it can cause the fan to stay on continuously.
3. Check the control board. The control board is responsible for controlling the functions of the microwave, including the fan. If it is faulty, it can cause the fan to stay on or not function properly.
If none of these solutions fix the issue, it is possible that there is a problem with the microwave itself. In this case, it is recommended to contact a professional appliance repair service for further assistance.
Amana axp-20 overheated magnatron g2 error
this is generally caused by the magnetron overheating,you need to check the cooling motor for function and that the airways on the machine are not blocked as this is a commonly looked over reason for overheating magentron triggers.the other fault is a failed part
Where is the fuse in an amana rcs10ts microwave and how do i get to it?
The LV control (mains side) fuse is on the control board.
The HV (lethal side) fuse is housed inside a plastic shell, next to the HV capacitor.
For both, the outer shell (microwave oven's cover) needs removal.
Mains must be off, preferably about 15 minutes to allow HV capacitor to discharge through it's internal drain resistor.
There will probably be one or more security tamper-proof screws on the cover, to prevent accidental injury through electrocution.
Microwave ovens are the most lethal household appliances to open when untrained hands poke around.
Get an experienced tech to check it out.
What makes you believe it's a fuse?
We have an Amana AMC6138AAS
Did you have a power failure? Could be an overheat situation. Try unplugging the unit, wait 30 seconds and plug it in again. This resets the unit as long as there isn't a breaker or fuse blown. If it is a power issue, the display should start flashing. Did you get any error codes?
Not finding what you are looking for?