Over the last 3 months my Zire has been shutting down and then loosing all my saved data.
I sent it in for repairs and the battery was replaced. Unfortunately I am still having the same problem. My system resets to January 2003 and I loose the Real Player and Documents to Go tools and have to resynchronize to regain the lost data.
This is a pain when I am on the road and don't have full access to my Outlook data through our company server.
Any suggestions, short of repkacing the whole unit?
1. Try to remember if there was some new software that you installed in your palm. If this is the case, try to delete it and check if the problem has disappeared.
2. Check if the Palm's power is off after 2-3 minutes. It may happen that one of the applications causes the Palm not to shut off.
3. If the above suggestions are irrelevant - the previous answer (replace battery again) is the solution.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ebay is your best place for batteries
Have you run the digitizer app, which is located in Preferences, and
recalibrates the digitizer?
If it is not the digitizer problem , it may be the stylus you are using.. read this:
By the way, about Palm's "repair service", take a look below:
I can sympathize with you. Six months after I bought a Palm Zire 71 I had exactly the same problem, it would not respond to the stylus. I sent it in for repair (fortunately I got someone in India who spoke fairly good English). They set it back after a week or so and a month later I had exactly the same problem again. (They did return my original unit.) Again I had to send it in and they sent me a replacement that works so far. I had a previous experience with Palm's "repair service" where they again did a repair that only lasted a few weeks.