- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I was ready to give up completely. Uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing worked.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now.
This worked for me. I hope it helps with your errors.
I was having the same problem, and I used Detect and Repair in Outlook. Now all is working fine. You will need the original CD that you installed from.
Hope this helps as none of the other things that I saw on any sites did until I tried this.
Click on the hotsync icon in your system tray and then click "custom". That will bring up the list of things you are configured to sync with (conduits). For each of the ones you have problems with, click that conduit and then make sure it's set to sync the way you want...desktop overrides, handheld overrides, syncronize, etc. Potentially you have some of them selected as "do nothing". What shows up when I click custom from hotsync are the following Outlook Conduits: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos. If you don't have those showing up, you need to update your Outlook conduits on your PC. If you have them, click to select the problem conduit, then click "change" and select what you want to have happen.
I've checked the knowledge library and i have seen this article regarding your query.
You are limited to Mail synchronization for Outlook Express. A third-party conduit is required to synchronize your Outlook Express Address book also. A conduit is supplied free with the Mac version of Outlook Express. We are not aware of any available conduit for the Windows Address Book of Outlook Express
Think of it in terms of databases: Microsoft Outlook contains email, calendar, contact, to do and notes databases that are analogous to the similar databases on your handheld. Microsoft Outlook Express contains only email and contact databases.
what software did you download for your outlook conduits? the installation cd already has the outlook conduits you need.. you just have to install palm desktop first then you'll be given options whether to sync your handheld with palm desktop or with outlook. choose sync with outlook
Inorder to sync your handheld with Outlook you must have outlook conduits installed. Follow these steps to have an outlook conduits installed.
1. Place the Desktop Installation & Software Essentials CD on your cd-rom drive. Wait for it to finish its autorun
2. At this point you'll be presented wth a flash window which contains certain options you can choose.
3. Click on "Change your synchronization method"
4. Click on "Use Microsoft Outlook to ...... "
5. Click on "Yes"
6. Click on "Done"
7. Restart your computer inorder to refresh the new settings.
You can now use Microsoft Outlook to synch your appointments, contacts etc..
If you have PocketMirror from Chapura (included with certain Palm handhelds), you can choose to install conduits that synchronize MS Outlook with the handheld applications Date Book, Address Book, To Do List, and Memo Pad. You can choose to synchronize these applications with either Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook, but not both.
If you want to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, DO NOT install Palm Desktop from the Web. Instead, run the Palm Desktop installer from the CD that came with your handheld and select the option "Synchronize with Microsoft Outlook" when the choice appears. Visit www.PocketMirror.com for more information about Chapura(R) PocketMirror.