My xl15 runs but does not produce ozone. The little Rulien fan on the little ozone maker does not run. the regular fan works though.
You realize this is a really old machine!! The little fan is for ozone level detection, not production.
To see if the machine still will produce ozone
1) Set the switch to manual rather than auto and always run it on manual.
2) Remove the back of the machine and remove the 4" white plates. Check them for cracks, breaks in the mesh, loose mucilage, discoloration, burned spots, excessive grease or nicotine, or particulates such as dust, dog hair, or lint. Clean the plates using a solution of 1 part plain AMMONIA to 1 part warm water. Soak 5 minutes, brush with a soft brush, rinse well, and blow dry. DO NOT use any kind of cloth to dry the plate. Avoid putting fingers on the mesh.
3) If the plates are damaged in any way, call Vollara (new name for EcoQuest) and order replacements. 1-800-989-2299. Use #16618 as the dealer referral number if you are no longer in touch with the registered distributor who sold you the machine.
4) Insert the plates, making sure the metal contact fingers press on them firmly.
5) If none of the above works, most likely the power to those contact fingers is no longer strong enough to arc through the plates.
6) Call customer service, and they'll explain your options.