Question about Compaq iPAQ H3650 Pocket PC
My friend let me have his Compaq Ipaq 3600 and he said that it worked he just hasn't used it in a while and the power button was jammed. Well I think I unjammed the button and connected it to the power adapter so that it could get charged then I turned it on and everything worked. The thing is that when I take it off the power supply it turns off. I left it charging for 4 hours or so and it continues to do the same thing. Once off the supply it won't turn on even after continuing to press the power button. What's going on??? PLease help.
Posted by Anonymous on
Sadly, there was a fault in the charging circuit and ther's only one thing they do with such faults. Hope its under warranty.
Posted on Sep 12, 2005
Man this sucks I've been trying to make it work and it just doesn't seem to be working. I don't get it, why does it work on power supply but not on its own away from the supply. Help.
Posted on Sep 12, 2005
Tips for a great answer:
NOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.In the event of a low backup battery warning, charge the unit immediately before removing the main battery to avoid data loss. To view the amount of charge left in the backup battery, tap Start, Settings, the System tab, and Power.
Charging with the universal desktop cradle and AC adapter Use the universal desktop cradle to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC, or synchronize the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with a computer.
Follow these steps to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the universal desktop cradle:
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect the other end of the AC adapter to the AC connector on the universal desktop cradle.
- Connect the serial or USB cradle cable into the appropriate port on the desktop PC.Figure : Connecting with the cradle
- Slide the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC into the cradle and push firmly to seat it.CAUTION: To avoid damaging the HP iPAQ Pocket PC or the cradle, make sure the pins are aligned before pushing the HP Pocket PC into the cradle.
Figure : Charging with the universal desktop cradle
- AC adapter into electrical outlet
- AC adapter into universal desktop cradle
- HP iPAQ Pocket PC into cradleNOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.There are stabilizers located in the universal desktop cradle that assist in aligning the unit when there is no expansion pack attached. When placing the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with an expansion pack attached into the universal desktop cradle, the stabilizers will be pushed down by the expansion pack. To release the stabilizers for use without an expansion pack, press the button on the back of the cradle.
Charging with the optional USB Autosync cable Charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the optional USB Autosync cable by connecting the Autosync cable to the HP Pocket PC and the personal computer. The HP Pocket PC will be charged using power from the personal computer.
For more information on charging the HP Pocket PC using the optional USB autosync cable, from the Today screen, tap Start, Settings, the Systemtab, Power, the USB Charging tab, Settings, and Help.
Charging a low battery The HP iPAQ Pocket PC will not turn on if the battery has a low charge (less than 3.2 Volts). Fully charge the battery prior to using the HP Pocket PC.
If the charge on the battery goes below the 3.2 Volts as a result of not being connected to the universal desktop cradle or the AC adapter, no damage will occur to the battery. However, the HP iPAQ Pocket PC charge indicator light will not flash until the battery reaches the minimum charge of 3.2 Volts and a normal reset is performed.
Follow these steps to charge and reset the HP iPAQ Pocket PC:
Keep the HP iPAQ Pocket PC connected to the universal desktop cradle or AC adapter when it is not in use.
- Connect the HP iPAQ Pocket PC to an A/C power supply.
- Charge the battery to the minimum level of 3.2 Volts (this will take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the current charge level).
- Perform a normal reset by using the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Turn on the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
Usually answered in minutes!