Hot sync Outlook 2003 business contacts and accounts to Treo 650
I have recently input all business information into Outlook 2003 Business contacts and accounts and need this information to hot sync to my Treo 650. Is this possible? Please tell me the procedure. Thanks!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Hot sync Outlook 2003 business contacts and...
Thanks to a fellow user, I was informed that I needed to purchase Chapura software. The following link has the software that does two way sync with BCM. Others don't. I did however have a few problems, but the help desk through Chapura was able to get the process working.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please try the following:
1. Pop the Software Installation disk that came with your treo into your pc and allow it to autoplay.
2. After the disk begins playing, you will be prompted to choose your language-do so.
3. After a second a new dialog box will appear-Select the option "Change your syncronization method"
4. Select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage Calendar, contacts, tasks and more.
5. Perform a hotsync
6. Open your versamail and hit the sync button
You may have tried Exchange ActiveSync in VersaMail
When you setup an Exchange ActiveSync account in VersaMail, you are asking your Treo to synchronize email and your calendar with an Exchance 2003 server. In order to prevent duplicates, VersaMail disables Calendar synchronization via HotSync while the account exists on your Treo.
So if you are an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) user, you have a choice; you either sync wirelessly or you can delete the EAS account in VersaMail and can then sync your Calendar via HotSync. You cannot do both unfortunately.
OK. Hope this helps you because it fixed my problem. Go into palm desktop. Go to hot sync, click on custom Go to Calendar (Outlook) and double click on that. At this point click on settings. Under conflict resolution choose "outlook wins". Then go out and check syncronize files and set as default. Click done and this should resolve the issue. Reply if this is confusing.
I suggest that you create an additional subfolder under your main contacts for your master contact list and use the main contacts file as your list for syncing with your treo. Once you have your contacts moved around you need to change your setting on the sync to have your pc override the handheld. I use pocket mirror to sync with and it's a fairly simple setting to change. I would also suggest that you export your contacts to a back up .pst file before doing the sync. If it messes up on you with duplicates or something you can alwaws just delete the contacts and import them from your back up. I recently cleaned up my duplicates on a treo 600 using this method.
I was ready to give up completely. Uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing worked.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now.
This worked for me. I hope it helps with your errors.
FileZ file utility lets you delete the AddressDB on your Treo
Your best bet would probably be to wipe the Contacts database on your Treo 650, then re-sync.
1. Install FileZ on your Treo 650, Why? Because the Contacts DB is not accessible from the built-in system; you need this extra file manager to delete it.
2. Launch FileZ and find this item: AddressDB.
3. Tap on AddressDB to add a checkmark next to it. Hit Details. Hit Delete.
4. DON'T HOTSYNC YET! Just in case, export your Outlook Contacts and store in a safe place. You'll be syncing to a blank address DB on your 650, and although it shouldn't overwrite your Outlook data wwith the blank DB ... better safe than sorry.
5. Now you can HotSync to Outlook.
Have you setup an EAS account in VersaMail?
The VersaMail application on your Treo 650 supports Exchange ActiveSync, which allows synchronization of Email and Calendar wirelessly with Exchange Server 2003. If an EAS account exists on the handheld the Calendar conduit will disable itself to avoid duplicates.
Go to VersaMail on your Treo650
Select Menu: Accounts: Account Setup
Check to see if any EAS accounts exist on the device by selecting and account, then Edit...
One the first screen check Mail Service. Do any of them say "Exchange Activ..."
If yes you'll need to delete that account to sync calendar entries.