Question about Canon PIXMA Office Equipment & Supplies
When installing refill cartridges the ink level still shows empty on the computer ink level status manager. I tried to unplug the printer for a couple of minutes after installing the refill cartridges but to no avail. What can I do to fix this? The printer does print with these cartridges but the quality on the ink printing looks to be not all that good.
How to reset the Canon MP150 after a refill (Step 10 concerns refill; instructions below the steps):
Method1 (Safe Factory Method):
1) Disconnect the printer’s power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back.
3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point is feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if it doesn't print by itself, then press the "color" button once and the test sheet will print). Don’t worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Refilled cartridges are monitored as used cartridges .the mp 140 such as all printers ,accept inks oem like a serial number.
when you place the ink back in though it maybe refilled,the chip inside the printer,remembers that this cartridge has been used already,no matter if its empty or not. the only thing you can do to solve this problem is deactivating the monitored levels of ink,by pressing and holding cancel button for about 15 seconds or so
Posted on Sep 09, 2008
All you have to do is reset your printer after a recharge. To do this just hold the red button after you start your printer somth like 10-15 sec. The printer will show you thet yoour ink level is low but will work fine
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Maynard solution works fine. i translated it into french for french customers and had many "ok" answers.
Posted on Dec 09, 2009
My printer canon mp140 only cost me £40.00 it looks like i am going to have to spend the same amount again on ink any ideas on doing it cheaper as i have 4 kids who love using my printer for homework sheets etc many thanks diane
Posted on Dec 09, 2009
Best SolutionMy problem is Canon MP145 Inks Alarm and work fine now.
Thanks a lot and this helpful for me.
Posted on Dec 03, 2009
Just press & hold the RESET button for 10 seconds after the power led is stable ON (not blinking).
1. Power on the Printer.
2. Wait till the PWR led is STABLE GREEN (not blinking)
3. Press & hold the RESET button for 10 seconds.
4. You should see number 1 in the display.
5. You can proceed with the scanner now. Issue is solved.
Posted on Oct 13, 2014
This solution worked for me too, I found the solution from this site How to reset Canon mp140. It was quick and easy, I know inks are so expensive that we need to refill them to save some dollars. :)
Posted on Aug 16, 2012
Maynard's solution worked for my MP140.
Thank you !
Posted on Apr 13, 2010
Wonderfull! Maynard's solution worked fine for my MP140!
Thank you so much!
Posted on Mar 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!