Question about Garmin StreetPilot 2620 GPS Receiver
This solution works for more than the 760. i think it will work for all 6xx and 7xx series.
a simple solution to convert Google maps to Garmin routes and is found here:
In essence, you create your route in Google maps and then click the recommended url bookmark.
Save the GPX file to the Garmin device and from "My Data" (under Tools) convert the file to a route. You are done.
hope this helps pls appreciate by rating as fixyaa thanks
Posted on Nov 23, 2008
First you will want to empty your recycling bin & clear your
temporary internet files before re-downloading the Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe
Below is the remainder of the fix I received from Garmin support and it worked for my unit. Hope this helps.
1. Extract the downloaded file Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe using 7zip(7zip.org) or WINRAR.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe 32 bit
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465-x64.msi 64 bit
2. After extracting, the files should be available at the location where you extracted the files.
3. Go to the extracted file location. Click on the Windows folder.
4. Right click on the Setup.exe file and Click Create Shortcut
5. Right click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe file and Click Properties
6. In the target line add " -build_map_image 006-D0783-04 " at the end of setup.exe". For example the end would look like xxx\Setup.exe" -build_map_image 006-D0783-04
7. Click Apply and OK.
8. Double click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe the map file will be built. Leave the Window open till completion of all steps. 9a. Windows XP: Click on Start>Run, then type in %Temp%. Another window will open.
9b. Windows Vista: Click on the Start Button, in the Start Search, type %temp%. Another window will open.
10. The file is placed in subfolder named 006-D0783-04.
11. Copy the gmapprom.img file from the folder to the Garmin folder on the Nuvi. (Double click on MyComputer>Nuvi drive>Garmin folder) Overwrite the existing file.
12. The Nuvi should now have the lower 49 installed. If you have any trouble with this fix, or are not comfortable trying it please call our Software Support Department at 1-800-800-1020. Please be at a computer that has high speed internet access as we may need to log on to your computer to resolve the issue. Make sure you have the program extracted using the 7 zip program provided above. Hours of Operation Monday – Friday: 8 am – 7 pm Central time (closed holidays)
With Best Regards,
Software Support Specialist
913-440-8280 (fax) Att: Joyce K
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
first I would try to load the current firmware from garmins website. if that doesnt work then try a master reset by holding the bottom right corner of the screen, holding that and turning it on. it will however erase all user data.
Posted on Aug 15, 2009
Try the Hard Reset procedure outlined in this tip.
Does your Garmin Nuvi 205 or 205W Freeze at Loading Maps?
Does it lock up or stop working?
This tip will describe how to perform a hard reset of the device, and how to backup your 'Favorites' in case the hard reset erases them.
A hard reset (or Clear All User Data)has been known to resolve unit quirks and strange behavior after firmware updates. It's generally recommended to perform it after a firmware update but is not required by any means. However, if you're seeing quirks and strange behavior with your unit after the firmware update, it is a good idea to do a hard reset of the unit. It's also one of the first things that Garmin will have you do when contact tech support regarding quirky unit behavior.
Backup and Restoration Procedure for Favorites:
The Hard Reset procedure has been known to delete your Favorites, so back them up beforehand.
*Note that this will clear all user selected settings on the unit
Ifpossible after the hard reset, let the unit sit outdoors in the open for about 30 minutes or so to let the unit re-acquire the satellite almanac data.
You have now performed a hard reset of your Garmin Nuvi 205 and 205W.
I hope that helps.
Posted on Jan 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2017 | Garmin GPS
Jan 27, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Dec 16, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 265 Car GPS Receiver
Aug 11, 2010 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
May 25, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Aug 12, 2009 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
Dec 27, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 780 GPS
Nov 30, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Jul 28, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot 2620 GPS Receiver
Usually answered in minutes!