Switch from outlook to palm desktop
Remember to change (HotSync, Custom) settings before you perform your sync or else you will get duplicate records as I did. Good luck.
Support Knowledge Library
Click here to go back Click here to print
Solution ID: 25263
Switching between Outlook and Palm Desktop synchronization
Depending on your device, you might be synchronizing with Outlook using the Palm™ Outlook Conduits, or PocketMirror conduits from Chapura (find out which). Both of these types of conduits are installed and activated when you run the CD-ROM that came with your device.
What do you want to learn about?
* Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
* Switching synchronization: PocketMirror Conduits
* Synchronizing partially with Palm Desktop, partially with Outlook
* Note about data transfer
* Macintosh information
* Multiple users on the same desktop computer
Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
These instructions apply to the Palm Outlook Conduits that are included with handhelds released after late 2003. The Palm Desktop installer determines which conduits are activated during the installation process.
If you want to switch synchronization from Palm Desktop to Outlook, or vice versa, you'll need the original CD-ROM that came with your handheld.
1. Insert the CD-ROM into your computer. A window should open, containing the contents of the CD-ROM.
2. From the Discover Your Handheld screen, select "Install Microsoft Outlook Conduits" or "Change synchronization method" (depending on which device you have)
3. Follow the instructions for switching synchroniztion from or to Palm Desktop or Outlook.
4. See our note about data transfer
Remember: Some applications will continue to synchronize with Palm Desktop. Use Palm Desktop to manage applications such as Photos and VoiceMemo