Microsoft windows 7
has default 5 theme but Windows 7 beta 1 build 7000
onwards has several hidden & locked themes
provided for regional countries such as Australia, Canada, Great Britain, United States and South Africa.Since these hidden themes
are installed along with your Windows 7 installation you can unlock/unhide these hidden Windows 7 Themes for regional contries
. Below are three deferent methods to get Windows 7 hidden themes
Screenshot of Default Windows 7 Themes
Method 1: Steps to Unlock & Unhide Windows 7 hidden locked Themes1. Unhide the Windows 7 System and Protected Operating System files from Windows explorer -> Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> view tab
2. Navigate to C:WindowsGlobalizationMCT
3. Open a MCT-(AU, CA, GB, US, or ZA) folder for the regional theme that you want.
NOTE: AU, CA and ZA regions all have the same themes though.
4. Open the Theme folder in the selected region folder.
5. Select the .theme file to use it.
NOTE: Once you select a .theme file, Windows 7 will save it so that you will be able to change or select this theme again from within the normal Personalization window location.
6. Hide the Windows 7 System and Protected Operating System files.
7. Enjoy your new regional themes
Method 2: Using windows 7 Search (Simplest Method)1. Go to Windowswinsxs
2. Search for *.theme
3. Double click themes with name in the format of XX to apply and save the theme.
Method 3: Registry Entry1. Open notepad and copy past the following lines
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
2. Save file as allregional.reg on desktop
3. Double click on allregional.reg to add above registry entry.
4. Now you can access all Windows 7 Hidden & Locked Themes
via right clicking on desktop and personalize settings.
We have created allregional.reg file for you, Download allregional.reg and run it on your machine and access hidden Windows 7 Themes instantly
Screenshot of Unlocked – Unhide Windows 7 Hidden Themes