An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: Strange silhouetting and a vertical strip
If A vertical strip appears on the screen when recording a dark background or the subject is blooming or silhouetting, you need to adjust the BLC.
* The contrast between the subject and the background is too great for the camcorder to operate normally.
* Make the background brighter to reduce the contrast or use the BLC function while you are recording in a brighter environment.
BLC (Back light Compensation)
* BLC works in CAMERA/M.REC mode.B
* Back lighting exists when the subject is darker than the background:
1. The subject is in front of a window.
2. The person to be recorded is wearing white or shiny clothes and is placed against a bright background; the person?s face is too dark to distinguish his/her features.
3. The subject is outdoors and the background is overcast.
4. The light sources are too bright.
5. The subject is against a snowy background.
1. Set the power switch to CAMERA mode.
2. Press the BLC button.
Normal - BLC - Normal
BLC enhances the subject.
* When NITE PIX to set to ON, the BLC function does not work.
* The BLC function will not operate in EASY mode.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you lift up the lid on your scanning device you will notice a glass strip about 1 inch thick and then the large area of glass used for flatbed scanning. The 1 inch strip is used for ADF scanning. Because your papper is moving across the glass strip, any dot, smudge or scratch will affect your scanning and cause verticial lines down the page. Sometimes the dot is not visible to the eye. Get some glass cleaner that has alcohol in it and thoroughly clean the glass strip and it should solve your problem. If it turns out to be a scratch on the glass then cleaning won't help.
Did you try cleaning the little glass strip where the documents go in? Lift the button panel and wipe the glass with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs or lens paper if you have it. Mine does this sometimes when dust or white out or little bits of paper get stuck on the glass.