An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Some possible cause of lines, noise or pixelation during playback are:
1. Dirty heads on the recording machine. If the heads were dirty at the time of recording, the dirty heads didn't record a strong enough signal on the tape. The damage is done for this tape and recovery is unlikely. Best advice here is to use only premium grade new tapes and keep your camcorder clean by occasionally running a cleaning tape.
2. Physical tape damage. Any distortion of the tape will result in mistracking and subsequent loss of data.
3. Built up oxide deposits or other debris in the guidepost corners can also result in tape edge damage. Keep your machine clean!
4. Improper tape storage - Even short term exposure to high temperatures over 130 deg f. can permanently damage the tape. The black cassette housing readily absorbs the sun's infrared rays and internal cassette temperatures can soar even if left in direct sunlight on just a warm day. It doesn't take much heat to slightly distort the plastic shell or ruin the tape contained within.
* Try other tapes to ensure the problem lies within the tape and not the camcorder.
* If the problem becomes apparent on all tapes, try a head cleaner. After cleaning the heads, the tapes may not play cleaner if the recording was done while the heads were dirty.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, Camcorder video head required cleaning because gray lines come in playback when video head got clogged/ dirty. Put video head cleaning tape and playback it as per instructions. hope this will help you. Thanks.
If the heads become dirty, “NEED HEAD CLEANING” appears during recording. During playback, moreover, the following symptoms appear. ≥Mosaic-like noise appears partially or the sound is interrupted. ≥Black or blue mosaic-like horizontal stripes appear.
When normal playback cannot be performed even after the head cleaning One possible cause is that normal recording could not be performed because the heads were dirty at the time of recording. Clean the heads, and perform recording and playback again. If normal playback can be performed, the heads are clean. Before an important recording, be sure to conduct a test recording to make sure that normal recording can be performed. ≥If the heads become dirty soon after cleaning, the problem may be the tape. If so, try another cassette. ≥During playback, the picture or sound may be interrupted momentarily, but this is not a malfunction of the Camcorder. (One possible cause is that the playback is interrupted by dirt or dust that momentarily adheres to the heads.)
You are on the right track, sounds like a noisy volume control. Can often be repaired with a squirt of cleaner spray into the potentiometer assembly.But I suggest you use crc2-26 contact lubricant spray, not silicone spray which is a great materials lubricant, but not electrical. Worst case, the Vol Potentiometer, may have to be replaced. Go for the CRC first and see how it goes. Good Luck, happy FixYa