Question about Digidesign Mbox External Sound System
If you've already tried 2 different softwares and the same result came out then it could mean that there is a problem with the hardware. Have you tried using the mbox on another computer with the same software?
You can try doing that for test purposes and if it still doesn't work you would want to consider:
1. Opening the Mbox check if the ports inside are soldered properly and if no loose connections are present
2. Get a replacement mbox.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Jul 26, 2011
It is a widely known fact that the mbox 1 has problems on MAC. Some people have had success following these instructions:
1) Close iTunes, pro tools or anything that could be trying to use the audio device.
2) Open the Digi CoreAudio Manager. (This app should be running if you're not using Pro Tools, but want to use the mbox as for other computer audio like iTunes)
3) Set the Buffer Size in CoreAudio Manager to 256 (this is the main thing for resolving the issue)
4) Go to System Preferences > Sound and set the output to Digidesign HW
5) Open iTunes, pro tools, audio should work through the mbox
Note: If these steps don't work, try them again after restarting with the mbox connected
Hope this helps anyone looking to fix this issue!
And, if after all that, you're still having problems, try this:
Quit out of all open applications.
Trash the following preference files:
1. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.systempreferences.plist (delete this file)
2. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist (delete this file)
3. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.digidesign.CoreAudioManager.plist (delete this file)
4. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > ByHost > com.apple.systempreferences.xxxxxxxxxxxx.plist (delete this file)
Empty the trash, restart and let me know if it's working or not.
They stress (have the audio device plugged in and turned on before you turn your MAC power on. The device does not support the mac sleep function so if the MAC goes to sleep, you will need to reboot.
Posted on Jul 13, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: