An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Playback on external device.
Without knowing which model of camcorder you have, it is difficult to be able to answer that question.
Some camcorders that have a FireWire connection are able to act as a DV Bridge and allow information to pass from an analog source over FireWire to a PC. These units also allow for recording of analog material throught the analog ports to the internal tape.
Most camcorders are able to output to an external video screen like a TV or portable screen. You need to use the analog outputs and connect directly. There may be a meny setting to switch to activate the analog ports for the solution you are desiring.
The easiest is to connect the analog connections to a TV and see what happens. Trial and error is always faster than waiting for a solution from a forum.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you cannot view action on the cam screen and likewise when attaching it to the TV; the video playback function has been compromised. You may be able to record as the two functions are separate from one another, however what good is recording when it cannot be played back? If the Recorded material is on a Tape or CD and you can move material to another reading device or player; then your problem is answered.
The following Models can be used as a recorder to record from a VCR, TV or another Camcorder.
2004 - SC-D107
2003 - SC-D5000, SC-D27
2002 - SC-D180
Recording In Player Mode
1. Connect the camcorder to the VCR or TV with the AUDIO/VIDEO cable (provided) (to the A/V Outputs on External Device)
2. Set the power switch of the camcorder to PLAYER mode.
3. Turn on the VCR or TV.
4. Insert the blank tape with protection tab closed into the camcorder.
If you want to record from a connected VCR, insert a recorded VHS tape into the VCR.
5. Press the MENU button, turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V and press the ENTER button.
6. Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight AV IN/OUT and press the ENTER button to select AV IN.
"AV IN" and picture appears on the LCD monitor.
OUT : Releases the INPUT mode.
7. Press the START/STOP button to set the camcorder to REC PAUSE mode.
"PAUSE" appears on the LCD monitor.
8. Select the TV program or playback the VHS tape.
9. Press START/STOP button to start recording.
If you want to pause recording for a while, press the START/STOP button again.
10. To stop recording, press the (STOP) button.
* Recording from an analog VCR to the camcorder is only possible when the VCR is playing back at normal speed.
* If you want to see the camcorder picture with a TV, set AV IN/OUT in the menu to OUT.