In this mode, all you have to do is press the shutter button and let the camera do everything else.
1. Turn the camera on.
2. Turn the shooting mode dial to
3. Aim the camera at the subject.
4. Use the zoom lever to achieve the desired composition (relative subject size in the viewfinder).
- The angle of view can be adjusted within the 45 to 100 mm range, in 35mm film equivalent.
- When the LCD monitor is on, the combined use of the digital zoom and optical zoom enables magnified shooting up to approx. 7x.
5. Press the shutter button halfway.
beeps will sound when the camera has finished metering, and the
indicator will light green or orange. If the LCD monitor is on, the AF
frame will appear green.
- The yellow indicator will blink and the beep will sound one time if the subject is difficult to focus on.
6. Press the shutter button all the way.
- You will hear the sound of the shutter when the shutter activates.
- The picture appears for two seconds on the LCD monitor, if it is on.
- The indicator next to the viewfinder blinks green while data is recorded onto the SD card.