Knocking noise when shredding paper
Cross-cut shredders require monthly oiling of the cutting cylinders to maintain proper operation. Failure to oil the blades regularly could result in excessive noise during operation.
Oiling Your Shredder's Cutting Blades:
To keep your shredder in top condition, the cutting blades need to be oiled every so often (for frequency, please refer to your owner's manual). We recommend using Powershred® Lubricant or a vegetable-based oil (such as corn or canola) in a non-aerosol container with an extension nozzle.
Caution: Never use flammable synthetic oil, petroleum-based, or aerosol lubricants to oil the cutting blades. Some agents may combust, causing serious injury. NEVER USE WD40.
1. Depress and hold the reverse button down.
2. Put the tip of the oil bottle in the paper entry and make one or two sweeps the length of the entry while squeezing the oil bottle.
3. Move the power switch to Auto (I) position, or depress the manual forward button (depending on model of shredder) and allow the blades to run at least three seconds.
4. Move the power switch to Reverse (R) position and allow it to run for at least three seconds.
5. Repeat steps three and four above at least three times.
I hope the above helps....