The camera does not flash.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the camera not flashing.
- Select the correct flash mode .
NOTE: When set to the Forced Flash setting, the camera should flash for all still pictures.
- Perform a reset procedure .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. The Sony® eService Web site at http://eservice.sony.com/
can assist you in obtaining service from a Sony Service Center or locating a Sony Authorized Servicer.
Last Modified Date: 03-04-2010ID: C322716
How to troubleshoot an external flash that will not work.
IMPORTANT: Depending on the mode of the camera, the external flash may not be available. Refer to the instruction manual of the camera for more information.
- Ensure the external flash is properly inserted into the accessory shoe on the camera.
- If using the connection cord, ensure it is properly attached.
- If the external flash uses batteries, ensure fresh batteries are installed.
- Ensure that the POWER switch on the external flash is set to ON .
- Ensure the hot shoe setting on the camera is properly set for the type of external flash and camera being used.
- When using a commercially available standard external flash, ensure the hot shoe is turned on.
- If a Sony external flash is being used with an advanced hot shoe on a Sony camera, ensure the hot shoe is turned off.
- It may be necessary to refer to the instruction manual of the camera and external flash for specific information about the hot shoe.
- Ensure the READY lamp on the external flash is illuminated.
Cybershot Digital Still Camera
Last Modified Date: 03-04-2010ID: C292057