No instructions need to know how to operate
The Nikon MC-EU1 Remote Cord is an accessory available for the Nikon COOLPIX 880/885/990/995 4300/4500/5000/5400/5700/8700 cameras. The MC-EU1 Remote Cord is 80 cm long and allows the camera to be fired remotely like a cable release for a film-based camera.
The MC-EU1 Remote Cord's main function is to prevent camera shake. As well as the shutter release function, the MC-EU1 has the following functions.
1. operate the camera's zoom remotely,
2. advance or return images in the playback mode,
3. Controlling interval photography, automatically fire the cameras over a given interval.
Note this is the only Nikon remote cord available NIKON COOLPIX cameras and is only compatible with the cameras listed.
The Nikon MC-EU1 remote cord has two Interval modes, A and B
In Interval Mode A: the first photograph is taken at the start; and subsequent photographs taken at the specified time intervals, thereafter.
In Interval Mode B: the first photograph is not taken until the specified time interval has passed and subsequent photographs taken at the specified time intervals.
These modes can be selected by pressing the MODE button. The device cycles through settings in the order, Remote Mode, Interval Mode A, and Interval Mode B. When the Remote Mode is selected, the LCD panel displays Remote; when Interval Mode A is selected, Interval appears together with the letter A and Interval Mode B is indicated by Interval and the letter B.
The interval Modes, allow you to take photographs one after the other at a selected interval, which can be set in increments of one second to any value from two minutes to twenty-four hours. Interval modes are only available when the camera is in recording mode and cannot be used when the camera is in playback mode.
Setting the Interval
1. Setting the camera to recording mode and the remote cord to Interval Mode A or B, the interval setting will be shown in the remote cord LCD display. Items currently selected for editing will flash. Each time the selection (SEL.) button is pressed, the item selected will change as shown below.
Select the desired time by altering the settings (second [S], minute [M], or hour [H]) one at a time. While the item is flashing, press the down button to decrease the time set, or the up button to increase the time set. The value displayed will change by one each time either button is pressed.
2. After adjusting settings, press the selection button until the display is no longer flashing.
Starting Interval Mode Photography
• Half-pressing the remote shutter-release button has the same effect as half-pressing the shutter-release button on the camera, readying the camera to take a photograph. If the interval is set to less than two minutes when the shutter-release button is half-pressed, the interval display will flash. Choose an interval of two minutes or more.
• Full-pressing the remote shutter-release button has the same effect as full-pressing the shutter-release button on the camera, starting interval mode photography.
• When the camera enters interval mode, it will either take a picture and then begin the count to the next photograph (Interval Mode A), or begin the count to the first photograph (Interval Mode B). The Interval indicator in the LCD display will flash while interval mode is in effect.
Ending Interval Mode Photography
• Half-pressing the remote cord shutter-release button while an interval mode is in progress stops the interval photography.
• Photography will also stop should you run out of available space on the compact flash card; In this case, the number of exposures remaining displayed in the LCD panel will be 000.
The MC-EU1 has a feature that when the zoom button is pressed twice in rapid succesion, the camera will start zooming until this function is cancelled by pushing the button a third time. If this function is not cancelled, no other function is possible with the MC-EU1. If the MC-EU1 does not respond as expected please ensure you have not activated the zoom function.