Question about Magellan RoadMate 700 GPS Receiver
Upgraded from 3.20 to 3.32- If I go to diagnostics and audio test, the sounds works like it used to. After turning unit off, sound does not work on powerup until the audio test
1. Search for the file ENG_F.SND sound on google or yahoo or any search engine.
2. Connect RM 700 to PC, and create folder name SOUND_EU on RM 700.
3. Copy the ENG_F.SND to SOUND_EU folder.
4. Disconnect RM 700 from PC.
5. Turn on RM 700, and go to Option, configuration, language, and choose English.
6. RM 700 will load sound file and turn off.
7. Turn on RM 700, if it keeps showing the initial screen, then connect the RM 700 to PC, and DELETE the ENG_F.SND from SOUND_EU. It should be OK after you disconnect RM 700 from PC and turn it on again.
NOTES: My screen indeed locked at first as covered in the last step, so expect that to happen. Don't worry if you never get to do step 5 and 6. Connecting the USB, deleting the SND file and restarting it works and the sound is back even without the file there.
This only fixes the Female voice along with the beeps and clicks. The unit goes silent again if you select the male voice but switching back to the female fixed that. I assume "_F" in the file name must mean female.
Posted on Aug 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 05, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 06, 2017 | 2008 Ford Escape
Mar 12, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1100 Notebook
Feb 15, 2010 | Magellan Maestro 4250 GPS
Jul 20, 2009 | Magellan Maestro 4210 Car GPS Receiver
May 25, 2009 | 2002 Ford Windstar Cargo
Nov 13, 2008 | Dell Computers & Internet
Oct 05, 2008 | Harman Kardon DPR 2005 Receiver
Mar 05, 2007 | Magellan RoadMate 700 GPS Receiver
166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!