- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I understand that the blower wheel is not spinning on your Frigidaire dehumidifier, model# FAD504DUD. I also see that the compressor will stay on unless the dehumidifier is unplugged. I suggest you contact the manufacturer for further assistance. They can possibly clarify why the compressor stays on and why the blower fan is not working. If not, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction of having your dehumidifier working. Hope this is helpful.
Marco, There are 4 things than can cause the problem. All are solvable.
1. The air intake filter is dirty or clogged. Remove and clean the filter if necessary. 2. Obstructed air flow. Maintain a minimum of 12 to 18" of clear air
space around the entire unit.
3. Cooling coils are dirty and need to be cleaned. Use warm water & dish washing liquid to clean the coils. Rinse and wipe dry. Apply a light coating of WD40 to the coils.
4. Ambient air temperature at floor level is between 40 - 60 degrees.
dehumidifiers do not work well between those temperatures (Unless, you have a Low Temp Unit). This applies mainly to where the air
temperature at floor level is colder than at shoulder level in basement applications. Raising the unit up off the floor, onto a sturdy table, counter top, etc, that can handle the weight of the unit, plus a full tank of water, will usually resolve this problem.
none of the above solves the problem, it may be a case of the
compressor needs to be recharged with refrigerant gas or that the humidity condenser sensor has failed. These things usually occur in units that are
5 years old or older.
Hope this helps you to troubleshoot & solve the problem. Thanks for choosing FixYa.
I think you got it figured out...
There can be many reasons why a dehumidifier willnot work or collect water.
Here is a tip that I wrote to help people to figure out what is going wrongwith their dehumidifier
When you push the power button, the blower fan comes on. In a few
minutes you should hear a second "click"--that is your compressor
starting. Do you hear that second click?
The compressor is located in the rear bottom on the right side looking at the machine. After you press the start button and the blower fan comes on, bend over near the back of the unit and listen for the "click".