Question about Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Have you tried using another keyboard? if that doesnt work, try hitting the pause/break button on your keyboard and you should notice that your screen will be stuck on the dell logo with the bar going across, once you notice that hold down ctrl and hit f11. that should work..
Let me know what happens, alright?
Posted on Aug 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 1750 Laptop
Apr 18, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
Power off the laptop. Remove any peripheral devices such as speakers, printers or flash drives that are not necessary to this operation. Connect your laptop to power/adapter.
Very Important: Please make sure you have backed up all important data because restoring your device to factory settings will result in loss of all data and software, Though all software that came preinstalled with the computer will come back.
1. Backup your important data in external hard-drive or flash drive.
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Turn the PC back on and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.
4. Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER
5. Choose your keyboard & language options and click OK
6. On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Complete PC restore" which is probably the second last option.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions
8. When prompted, click on "Full Factory Recovery"
9. Click "Next"
10. Click "Yes"
11. You may notice for a while it seems like nothing is happening, give it some time.
12. After some minutes, recovery will complete and you click "Finish".
13. Computer will restart and it will boot to desktop just fine. It might ask you to configure some settings as this is equivalent to starting a new computer.
May 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Jan 13, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Jan 04, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1526 Notebook
Dec 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 29, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Aug 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 29, 2008 | Dell INSPIRON 6000 CENTRINO...
Apr 18, 2014 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
367 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!