Before you have it repaired, there are several things you can troubleshoot and solve yourself, that won't require any repairs.
1. The humidity extraction level may be set to High. Lower it to 32 - 35%.
2. The air intake filter is dirty or clogged. Turn unit OFF, unplug it before removing and cleaning the
filter. If you wash the filer, it must be thoroughly dry, before reinstalling it.
3. Obstructed air flow. To function properly, there must be a minimum of 12" clear air space around
the entire unit.
4. The cooling coils are dirty and need to be cleaned. Remove the front cover and filter to access
and clean the coils with warm water and dish washing liquid. Rinse , thoroughly dry and coat
coils with a light caating of WD40.
5. The air temperature at floor level is between 40 - 60 degrees F. Most dehumidifiers don't function
function well in that temperature range. Especially in a basement application. The ambient air
temperature at floor level is colder than at chest level. Set the the unit on a sturdy table, counter
top, etc, that can handle the weight of the unit & a full tank of water.
Conduct an in-home test, to check humidity extraction: Place the unit in your bathroom, plug it in and set the humidity extraction level at 32 - 35%. Turn the shower ON hot enough to generate steam. Close any window(s) in the bathroom and Do Not turn the exhaust fan ON. Close the door as you exit the room and wait 15 - 20 minutes before returning. After the time has elapsed, open the bathroom door, turn the shower OFF and allow the unit to run 5 more minutes. Then check the water collection bucket for any signs of water. If you see any, the unit is working as it should and one of more of the above solutions took care of the problem.
If the unit showed no signs of humidity collection (water) in the bucket and you want to have it repaired. The closest Delongi Authorized Service Center(s) to you are in Florida (please see the following link) http://www.delonghiusa.com/index.php?service
I hope this helped you further troubleshoot and solve the problem without having to make a repair. Please let me know. Thanks.