Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Number of inputs

You asked on the deal here, how many inputs. I have one CD input on the back of amplifier and this other part called a Y-connector? Each one works fine without the other. The Fisher works great either way, but the Sony does not, even with the power turned off to the one not being used. Do you think I'll have to buy a new amplifier with two CD changer inputs?

Posted by plummad on

  • plummad Aug 19, 2008

    Well, it feels like that is going to be the correct answer. Thank you "welcomejee" But as in the opticaal audio cables I will have to order an amplifier with two CD inputs. AND I'm sure it will be a couple of weeks to get one. The cables will be here first so I'll try them when they arrive, and then- if not- I'll order the amplifier. I'll let all of you know when the cables get here. Until then thank you. I can't wait to be done with this problem!

  • plummad Sep 06, 2008

    Hey everyone, the new monster cables did not work. I did have to use another input port. Thanks "welcomejee" What I did was go through Vedio 2 input. I have to switch it there when I intend to use that cd changer but it sounds great and I wasn't using that input away. Thanks again.



1 Answer

Shahid Electronics

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 10,594 Answers

Each CD Player has audio out put amplifier circuit and this output amp remains Mute until it receive signal to out it. While using Y-Connector, when you try to listen one player sound, other goes to Mute as its in Stop position and caused to minimize the out put of other player which is being played. That's why you listen good sound if just one is connected. If you want to connect both players at one amplifier, you need at-least 2 inputs in amplifier and since your Fisher amp has not 2 inputs, so I suggest to buy another amp equipped with 2 or more inputs. Hope this info will help you.

Posted on Aug 17, 2008


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where is the amp and how do i check it in 98 cadillac

Radio Amplifier
Left hand rear of the passenger compartment, behind the rear seat back.
Check the connections , check power an ground .
Connector Part Information

24 Way F Micro-Pack 100 Series (GRY)

Wire Color
Circuit No.
RH Front Tweeter Output -
RH Front Tweeter Output +
LH Front Tweeter Output +
LH Front Tweeter Output -
Rear Shelf Subwoofer Coil 1 Output +
Rear Shelf Subwoofer Coil 1 Output -
Center I/P Midrange Output +
Center I/P Midrange Output -
Rear Shelf Subwoofer Coil 2 Output +
Rear Shelf Subwoofer Coil 2 Output -
Not Used
Right CD Changer Input
CD Changer Common
Left CD Changer Input
Right Audio Input -
Right Audio Input +
Left Audio Input -
Left Audio Input +
Chime Input/Return
Chime Input +
Not Used
Class 2 Serial Data Line
Class 2 Serial Data Line
Radio Amplifier (UX8) C3

Connector Part Information

2 Way F Metri-Pack 480 Series (BLK)

Wire Color
Circuit No.
Battery Positive Voltage (B+)


Mar 22, 2016 | 1998 Cadillac Seville


Use a Microfone With An Amplifier (an Amplifier without a Mic Input)

There are number of Amplifiers in the market that do not support Mic function but support a lot of inputs and outputs functions for connecting various Decks,Cd Players,Record Players (Turn Tables) etc.
Now once I had this problem and I wanted to use a mic I tried to look in the front,the back and the sideways and in the catalogue but I coudn't find the solution but then I got an idea...
I thought that a mic is an output device and I need a port where I can plug it in and that port will accept the signals.All I needed was an RC connector at one end (for connecting to the amplifier) and a stereo pin jack at the other end (which goes in to the Mic.)...which infact is easily available at the store (if you know which one to look into).
Now connect it,select the input from the front and go on...sing,shout out aloud and do whatever you like to do...

on Dec 04, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How to record from vinal to cd

Amplifiers that you can plug turntables into have a special input for turntables. You can't just plug them into the same input that you would plug a CD player into or some other "AUX" source. Turntables have a different impedance. You will have to have to have one of those amplifiers and then use the "line out" connectors on the back of the amplifier to connect to your computer using the MIC jack on your computer. If you can record your voice on a CD using a microphone, then this should work.

Feb 02, 2015 | Bush RPA 1 Turntable

1 Answer

How do i get a cd player to hook up to a sansui au 9900a amplifier as well as the sansui tu 9900 tuner

You can connect the CD player to the amplifier using a standard set of RCA cables (left and right channel / red & white connectors). Connect the CD output to an input on the amplifier (usually one designated for CD or possibly "Aux") Then select this input source in order on the Amplifier.

There would be no reason to connect the CD player to a Tuner. Not even sure a tuner whould have any inputs in order to connect a CD player.

Sep 29, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I need to know how to hook up Sony amplifier ta-ax 295,Sony tuner st-jx 295, sony cassette tc-w295 with a RCA 5 disc CD player and a Samsung DVD/ video CD/CD player in stereo. It always worked when my...

There are a number of amplifiers in the TA series, but the connections are basically the same.
In your system, the amplifier serves as master control. How do you know? Look for the component that offers input selection -tuner, cassette, CD, video, phono and probably auxiliary. Every other component plugs into and is controlled by the integrated amplifier. For example, plug the tuner wires from the tuner output to the amplifier input marked "Tuner." To use the tuner, just select that input from the front panel. Same with all the other components.

On the back of that unit will a bunch of RCA jacks for left and right channels. Take the hook-up wires, usually RCA cables with colored plugs on each end, and connect the OUTPUT jacks on each separate component to the INPUT jacks on the amp. Power may also be controlled from the amp. On audio plugs, red is right and white is left. Keep the polarity constant as you connect each component. Connect the speaker wires to the speaker outputs, usually spring clips or screw terminals on the amplifier end and the same on each speaker. The DVD video cable will have three wires: Yellow, red and white. Yellow is always video. It may also have a little round video connector for S-VHS which provides a much better picture when using DVD.
Select your desired input and enjoy the show. Service Manual free download schematics datasheets eeprom bins pcb...

Jul 13, 2014 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I don't know how to use behringer feedback destroyer DSP1124p

Determine where in the mixer's signal path to connect the unit. Your options are:
1. One or two individual microphone channels via the mixer's CHANNEL INSERT in/out jacks.
2. The monitor mix output via the mixer's MONITOR OUT jacks.
3. The main mix output via the mixer's MAIN OUT jacks.

  • 2 Connect a balanced cable with the appropriate connectors from CHANNEL INSERT OUT jacks on the desired mixer channel to INPUT RIGHT or LEFT on the Feedback Destroyer's back panel for individual microphone channels. Connect a balanced cable with the appropriate connectors from the OUTPUT RIGHT or LEFT jacks on the Feedback Destroyer's back panel to that mixer channel's CHANNEL INSERT IN jack.
  • 3 Connect a balanced cable with the appropriate connectors from the mixer's MONITOR OUT jacks to the INPUT RIGHT or LEFT jacks on the Feedback Destroyer's back panel for the monitor signal path. Connect a balanced cable with the appropriate connectors from the OUTPUT RIGHT or LEFT jacks on the Feedback Destroyer's back panel to the monitor amplifier INPUT jack or amplified monitor speaker INPUT jacks.
  • 4 Connect a balanced cable with the appropriate connectors from the mixer's MAIN OUT jacks to the INPUT RIGHT or LEFT jacks on the Feedback Destroyer's back panel for the main mix (FOH) signal path. Connect a balanced cable with the appropriate connectors from the OUTPUT RIGHT or LEFT jacks on the Feedback Destroyer's back panel to the main amplifier INPUT jack or amplified house speaker INPUT jacks.
  • Oct 17, 2011 | Behringer Audio Players & Recorders

    2 Answers

    How many watts is it

    Page 7 of the manual gives you all the different configurations of this amp, and it's MAX power. FYI; Kenwood rates their amps at MAX power, not clean. Hope this helps.

    Sep 30, 2009 | Kenwood KAC-628 Car Audio Amplifier

    1 Answer

    I need a high level input connector for a Sony Car Amplifier

    best buy-wal mart-circuit city-ultimate electronics-radio shack- any stereo shop that deals with car audio-hope that helps look to spend between 12 and 35 dollars

    Jun 18, 2009 | Sony XM-DS1600P5 Car Audio Amplifier

    1 Answer

    Hooking up system using HI-INPUT amp wires.

    This may sound dumb, but are there any other inputs left on the amp? Most amps that i have worked with have a special set of inputs for high input. (by high input you mean speaker level right?) If those exist the obvious answer is to use those. They should be labeled, so just hook them up according to them. You may need a special adapter from the amp manufacturer. If you dont have any high level inputs or any not broken inputs left you have two options. You can either A: junk the amp or B: open it up and solder new connectors back on. (it sounds harder than it really is. There are four large pieces of metal to solder onto the board for a set of inputs)

    May 27, 2009 | Crunch Powerzone P480 Car Audio Amplifier

    1 Answer

    OEM gm stereo

    If your amplifier has what they call High level inputs (basically inputs on the amp that you run the speaker wires from your radio into), you can splice wires from where the connectors are on your rear speaker(s), still leaving the speaker hooked up, and use those as an input into the amp. If your amplifier does not have high level inputs, a convertor is available to turn an audio signal from your radio output speaker wires ( spliced in just as above, leaving the speaker hooked up), into an rca output jack. Or the best thing to do would be to buy another say 2-4 channel amp w/high level inputs and rca inputs and outputs, and run your rear speaker wires into the amp. Then you'll be able to run the rca cables out of that amp and into the sub amp, and you'll have the new amp to power your rear speakers or rears and fronts. That would be ideal. But, A convertor is your best bet. Got em at best buy, circuit city, etc. Hope this was helpful.

    Nov 25, 2007 | Car Audio & Video

    Not finding what you are looking for?
    Audio Players & Recorders Logo

    Related Topics:

    71 people viewed this question

    Ask a Question

    Usually answered in minutes!

    Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts

    Muntejaya Ginting
    Muntejaya Ginting

    Level 3 Expert

    10422 Answers


    Level 3 Expert

    5700 Answers

    The Knight
    The Knight

    Level 3 Expert

    76365 Answers

    Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

    Answer questions

    Manuals & User Guides