Question about Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Please try this reset procedure:
hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed."
Go through the items with "down" key and located Purge Counter.
"Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero
Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state."
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
I assume you are having this error...pls read
The machine counts all purge (cleaning) operations in order to prevent the internal ink absorber box from overflowing with purged ink. An “initial purge”, for example, advances the purge counter by 187 + 420 = 607. When the purge counter approaches 6400, an internal "Machine Error 46" is generated. Further purge operations are prohibited, and therefore the printer becomes unuseable.
When an internal Machine Error 46 is generated, the user will see an “Unable to Clean” external message and will be unable to use the printer. The “Unable to Clean” external message can relate to many different internal error codes however.
The user can establish the internal Machine Error Code as follows: pull the mains cable out of the machine (power off), hold down the Menu/Set key, re-insert the mains cable into the machine (power on). The internal Machine Error Code will be displayed.
If there is a Machine Error 46, it is necessary to dismantle the printer, replace the ink absorber box (or possibly break the ink absorber box open and clean its absorbent sponges under a tap), re-assemble the printer and reset the purge counter to zero.
Resetting purge counter MFC620CN/420CN/410CN/210C and FAX2440C
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
hope this helps, cheers
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 12, 2013 | Brother MFC-210C All-In-One Printer
Sep 16, 2012 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 16, 2011 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 03, 2009 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 22, 2008 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 08, 2008 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 10, 2008 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!