My safari program on my labtop will not stay up
Hello Heather, thank you for contacting Fixya.com for your Apple product support question, I am Terry, Sr. Mac Support Specialist glad to be of service.
Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue with your Safari web browser:
• From your desktop, click anywhere on a blank space on your desktop. Now you should see Finder listed near the Apple menu icon.
• From the Finder menu, click on Go, then Home from the drop-down menu. This will take you to your Home folder.
• Locate and open the Library folder
• Within Library folder look for the Preferences folder and open it.
• Locate and remove to the Trash, these files:
Once you have removed these files, then click the back button on your open Finder window. This will return you to the Library view.
• Locate and Trash the folder entitled Caches
Once you have done that, close all windows, click on the Apple menu icon located in the upper left corner of your screen and select Logout <username>, so you can log out of your user account.
*Once you are logged out, simply log back in. This actions will restore all the files and folders you just trashed, with new copies of each of them.
*Now attempt access Safari and see if it launches normally.
Please let me know if this procedure helps.
Nov 22, 2011 |
Apple Computers & Internet