- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
regarding that issue that you are having with the external monitor is not working with your sony vaio here are some steps that might help to have it working
connection between the monitor and laptop
- VGA ( blue adapter ) or DVI ( white adapter )
- check if the connected properly
- try to use a different VGA cable
- check if the monitor is detected by the computer
***please also do a monitor selftest on the external monitor***
- check if the tv is detected by the computer
- check the settings of the TV for the HDMI
If the invertor was faulty you would get a picture on the external monitor, assuming that the external monitor and the laptop was configured to work. Check the Fn key and F5 at the same time. That should switch between internal/ external or both displays.
Please try to attach an external monitor & see if you can get any display on it. If you can get display on an external monitor, then the root cause of the problems you have might be either a failing LCD backlight or a failing inverter board.
Please refer to the following article for more details on how to diagnose & troubleshoot LCD backlight & inverter board issues:
To determine if the video card or the LCD screen is faulty, connect an external monitor to the video port on the laptop. Power up the monitor first and the boot up the laptop, the video data will automatically divert to the external monitor.
If you get a normal image on the monitor then the video card is OK and the fault is LCD screen or the video cable.
If you don't get an image on the monitor then it is a video card problem, and it is a motherboard problem.