- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
by "tripping main fuse" do you mean the high amp (eg 60 amp or 100 amp) fuse that feeds the whole fuse box? if that is the case, there is too much stuff on in your house that's drawing power. The fuse box is too small to power all the stuff you have plugged in and running. Suggest turning off other high draw appliances in the house, like large TVs or microwaves or air conditioners, when running the washing machine.
It might not be the motor, it could even be the door switch, but first unplug the fridge, disconnect the wires from the motor, insulate them, switch on and see if your house power trips out. If the house does not trip out it is the motor. It is still trips out, look at the wires to the switch and the light and also the thermostat. Good luck and remember to unplug the wall socket whenever checking any circuit.
if it overheated, there is a automatic switch in or near the motor that resets automatically...if its cooled and wont start back up??? Then check that your outlet has power to it. if not, reset trhe house breaker and if it does, start hitting garage sales for 5 dollar vacuums....
This is just a stab in the dark. Have you tryed a power extension lead (the ones you use for cutting the grass) Try this on another socket in your house. This will rule out if its the television or just the double socket behind your telly being faulty.
Check for ~220 volts AC across the two slanted contacts on the dryer power socket. If nothing, check the house electrical panel for tripped dryer circuit breakers(pair)--push the breakers OFF, then ON to reset. Recheck for 220 volts at dryer socket--if ok now, try the dryer. You need to use a voltmeter for this checking. If it starts, then quits, you likely have an internal short (heating element) inside the dryer case that trips the circuit breakers.
Open the dryer door (right
after the breaker trips) and check for a burned smell. If it smells in
the dryer, you probably have a direct short in the dryer wiring. Check for a burn smell at the wall socket. There may be a short in the socket itself, but not likely unless a mouse is lying across the contacts in the wall. If everything checks ok replace the circuit breaker if this is an older home. Circuit breakers weaken after years of use. A 30 amp circuit breaker will trip at a much lower amperage after a period of years especially if it has tripped often.
Hi akula, 200 ks to a fridgie, LG appliance, you must be in Australia;) Is it the earth leakage circuit breaker operating. If so, then you have a leakage problem to earth from the heater pad(not quite sure what that is, but this problem will need to be repaired. Am doing some research to see if there is anything that can be done without just getting a new fridge. Back to you soon.