- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can download the device drivers from the Compaq/HP WEB support/download page. Make sure you select your model laptop and the Windows drivers you require and install them. Click on this link to download the drivers: - www.compaq.com/country/cpq_support.html
The mass storage controller is generally for usb devices that you've plugged in. USB keys, memory cards etc.
This kinda falls under the realm of the USB drivers for your mainboard... which if they're working, you don't need to do anything. XP service pack 2 supports USB2 just fine, but service pack 1 will require you to get your manufacturers drivers to get USB2 working at full-speed.
Why do you want to change the default driver anyway??
try to download programs that will automatically search for the drivers through the internet.
Try one of these programs.
1. Driver Scanner 2009 - comes with a free registration key in www.newcracks.net
just type for the Product name.
2. Driver Detective - if you cant find the reg key or crack from the internet, but if you have a money. You can bought it at a low price.
3. Unknown Device Identifier - lets you identify the manufacturer of the unknown device. Then you could go to that manufacturer site and search for the driver manually. You may use google or any other search engines to keep searching for drivers.