Direct from the D-Link FAQ's
This reset procedure applies to the following devices:
- Step 1 Power the unit off by unplugging its power adapter.
- Step 2 Insert a paper clip in to the reset pinhole. Press and hold the reset button with light pressure.
- Step 3 Power the device back on by plugging it in. Continue to hold the reset button.
- Step 4 Watch the lights on the front of the gateway. The M1 & M2 should come on solid. When the M1 & M2 begin to blink slowly, release the reset button.
The unit will reboot itself and should be at factory defaults. If the M1 light is not blinking about once per second, recycle the power on the gateway.
If the M1 & M2 continue to blink rapidly, you held the reset button for too long. Power the device off and repeat the reset procedure.
The default IP address is 192.168.0.1. The default username for our routers is admin. The password is blank. If your router asks only for a password, use admin (lower-case).
The following reset procedure will completely restore the default settings on your D-Link device including your password. This procedure applies to the DI-514, DI-524, DI-604, DI-614+, DI-624, DI-754, DI-764, DI-774, DI-784, DI-804V, DWL-700AP, DWL-800AP+, DWL-900AP+, DWL-1000AP+, DWL-2000AP, DWL-2100AP, DWL-6000AP, DWL-7000AP, and DWL-7100AP.
- Step 1 Locate the reset pinhole on the back of the unit.
- Step 2 With the unit powered on, press and hold the Reset button.
- Step 3 Hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.
- Step 4 Release the Reset button.
- Step 5 The unit will reboot. Allow 20-30 seconds before reconnecting.
- Step 6 The device is now at factory defaults.
Note: Do not recycle power during the reset procedure.
The default user name for most D-Link devices is admin and the password is left blank.
When it says hold for about 10 seconds, don't hold for more than ten seconds or the procedure will likely fail, if ten seconds doesn't work try 5 seconds.
P.S.: If this information was helpful, please rate this solution.