Just starting to get subject error. Per manual reset the battery. Did not slove the problem. Got camcorder for Christmas 2007. Previous messages online said that this was a common problem and that Samsung is extending warranty and paying for shipping.\
Good News!! I have found a way to fix this loud high pitch "grinding" noise, sudden battery "draining" accompanied by the eject "D" symbol being displayed only after a few seconds of tape play. And absolutely No thanks to Samsung's customer service. Although seemingly polite, I had to talk to 6 customer service representatives before they properly transferred me to Executive Customer Relation(ECR). They said they were experiencing technical difficulties. Once I got through, the ECR rep. insisted that the repairs will cost $160 mainly due to the cost of the parts and also admitted that he didn't know much about the technical aspect of the camcorder. And I was repeatedly told that this was not a known or "universal" issue so the warranty cannot be extended.
It is indeed a mechanical problem. The camcorder had only been used three times and kept in storage in its original box with no temperature extremes since I had puchased it at the end of 2006.
Here is the SOLUTION:
1) Gently unscrew and remove the front casing portion of the camcorder.
2) Directly underneath the lens there is crosslike metal support that extends from the tape compartment chassis. The green circuit board should rest on top of it as shown below instead of being under it .
Now the camcorder functions properly consistently. The cost = $ 0.
Ben Sundar, I have no idea where you go, to think just changing the board from the bottom to top of that clamp could make the camera work again, Bingo, it works, I was ready to launch it in the garbage can, and this idea save the camera, it works perfectly so far, Thank you so much.
Ben Sundar great fix. I was at a event for my son at school when this problem happened to me which sucked. Anyway, I just got off the phone with Samsung and they was going to have me send it in and pay them $160.00 I told them no way I could put a little bit more money with it and buy a new one first? I decided to look around on the web and ran across this site here and in less then 5 minutes my camcorder is working again. Thank you very much......
Hi my name is candice. i called and got the same result but i have undying determination so i am trying to get this camcordered recalled so that everyone who has one of these cameras can get it fixed for FREE!!! all you have to do is call or write to the Samsung Office of Presidents USA here is phone number and address. Please do this the more who do the better chance we get of a recall whether you still have the camera or not THANK YOU!!!!!
Samsung Electronic USA
Office of the President
400 Valley Road
Mount Arlington, New Jersey
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm sorry that the Camcorder is not ejecting tape. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided below and check the operation:
1. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Perform Reset by following steps:
1. Locate the RESET button behind the LCD panel of the camcorder.
2. Use a pointed object (like a ballpoint pen) to press and hold the RESET button for 2-3 seconds.
3. After 2-3 seconds has elapsed, release the RESET button.
3. Perform a manual power reset by following the steps:
1. Turn off the camcorder.
2. Disconnect AC power adapter.
3. Remove the battery pack.
4. Move the POWER switch to the CAMERA position for 15 seconds.
5. Move the POWER switch to the OFF position.
6. Reconnect the AC power adapter or reinsert the battery pack.
7. Turn on the camcorder.
If the issue persists after following all the steps service will be required. You can find repair information and initiate service at:
Thank you for using Fixya. Please let me know if you require any clarifications.
Take off the battery on the camcorder. Insert the battery and at the SAME time, push the power and the eject to see if this resets the camcorder so it will eject. If this does not work, I'm afraid the unit will need to be taken apart and removed manual. Good Luck
Per the manual
C means you can fix E means professional service needed.
21 is moisture condensation. icon of rain drop in a box will flash on screen unless moisture in lens Eject tape let sit 1 hour or more to acclimate
31...manual says to eject cassete and reinsert, operate OR daisconnectpower cord andremove battery, reconnect, operate.
Just had this problem myself... called Sony. Here is what I did to fix this:
1. Turn off power 2. Open the LCD Display 3. Press "Reset" with paperclip/pen 4. Unplug ANY wires connected to the camcorder 5. Eject battery 6. Plug in DC charger 7. Power on 8. Attempt to eject tape 9. At this point, the metal tape holder comes out but refuses to open... slightly "close" the portion of the camcorder that has the button to eject the tape, and then open it fully again (you'll hear a click, this signals the device that the 'hatch' is open and to eject). 10. The metal door *should* pop out and allow you to withdraw the tape.
I've tried 4 different cassettes and about 2 seconds after hitting play, I get the error every time... my solution: Not going to try to play my tapes on the camcorder anymore... will find another player to play Hi8 MP cassettes. Unknown if able to record to tape as of yet.