Question about Refrigerators
I have had the same model since may 2007 and have ahd to have it serviced 3 times. The first (and recurring problem) is that the ice-maker overflows cubes no matter what the setting. But, when I had it fixed the first time, the repairman said there had been an factory update because of recurring frost build-up. Call LG customer service to get this confirmed. They should fix it for free (like a service bulletin for autos.
Posted on Sep 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2015 | LG 22 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator,...
We need to find the reason for the restriction of cold air from your freezer making its way to top of the fresh food section. Because cold air is heavier than warm air you will get these symptoms for several different reasons. If you do not already have Adobe Reader you can get a free download here=> Adobe Reader X (10.1.1) Just uncheck the box if you do not want a Google Chrome download. Click here for a=> LRFC22750 Service Manual Then Click Here=> LRFC22750 Parts Manual The components listed in the parts manual begins with a photo page and part location numbers. You will need to scroll down from page 1 to page 7 below this photo page that begins with the location numbers and to the right the model number has three columns each different part number follows below in each column.
I want you to look for any signs of frost build up on the rear wall of your freeze. If yes the symptons are listed below as the most likely reasons that will cause this to happen
SERVICE DIAGNOSIS CHART
for your model can be also found on page's 13 and 14 of your models Service Manual
Symptoms: Frost or ice on evaporator.
1. Defrost thermostat faulty->Check defrost thermostat. Replace if failed.
2. Evaporator fan faulty ->Check fan motor. Replace if failed.
3. Defrost control faulty ->Check control and replace if failed.
4. Defrost heater remains open -> Check defrost heater continuity. Replace if failed.
5. Open wire or connector -> Check wiring and connections. Repair as necessary.
6. Refrigerant shortage or restriction -> This will look very different than a totally frosted over evaporator. As Freon slowly is lost the evaporator may appear to have ice on half of evaporator as the leak becomes worse the ice melts and cooling is affected more until there is no cooling. Click here for what that looks like=> Lack of Freon
Understanding the way LG uses part numbers is tricky at times so ask if you need help with part numbers or questions about Controls that are likely the reason for the symptoms you mentioned in your post. Ask if you need I will be here to answer any questions you may have, rate if helpful and please ask if you need more answers, Thanks John Tripp/ AKA Sea Breeze
Nov 10, 2011 | LG LRFD25850 French Door Refrigerator
Jun 24, 2011 | LG Side By Side Refrigerator w/ LCD VGA...
Feb 03, 2011 | LG LRTN22324 Top Freezer Refrigerator
Dec 17, 2010 | LG LRBN22514ST Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Oct 04, 2010 | LG 22 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator,...
Mar 06, 2018 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
Jun 12, 2009 | LG 22 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator,...
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!