My friend had my phone for 2 weeks, and when i got it back i put it on the charger, the blue lights on the number pad turned on, but the screen did not, and its supposed to say Charging. it was just black. i took it off and hooked it back up and nothing lit up at all. i asked if anything happened to it and she said it fell from her tv onto her dresser (her tv is rite ontop of her dresser) she said the back cover came off but that was it.but now my phone doesnt work, and it had been fine before. would a battery replacement help or is my phone just broken? and what would be the cause? there are no split screens, it looks fine, it just wont turn on.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In the unlikely event that your phone stops responding to touches and key presses, try a forced reboot-press and
hold both the Power and Volume Down keys for about 15 seconds. If necessary, hold the Power key to turn your
phone back on
ok i had this isssue and figure out what to do. this is all afterm you know that you have a good charger and or battery.
1. completely turn of phone unplug charger.
2. take and put battery back in phone and plug charger.
3. hold hit camera button and power buton. phone will come on if the update was washed it will come straight on. if not you will see the blue LED dont worry yet. just keep holding for 15 sec.
4. while phone blue LED is still on hit and hold (drum Role) menu and track ball for 15 sec.
5. now unplug charger and take out battery. wait 10 sec
6. now put battery back in and leave charger off. and turn on. unless you was in middle of update and hardware failed this WILL bring your G1 back up and running.
hope this helps everyone . MIll$tronics signing out.
Your phone is much like a car. You check the battery, and the cables and since this is more like an electric car, the charger should be checked as well. If it doesn't power on at all, it is safe to assume that power isn't getting to the phone. However, you said parts of the phone are powering on but not the screen. So, the battery wouldn't be the problem. It is possible that the fall caused the LCD's cable to come lose from the rest of the board (a common problem in cell phones) You can try and put it back in yourself or if you had the phone less then a year, you can send it into the manufactures and let them take a look. Sorry this answer is late but hopefully it helps in the future.
I had this same problem a couple of months ago, battery appeared to be charging but got emptier and emptier, tried different chargers and no improvement etc.
Friend has same phone, used their battery in my phone which was charged and phone was working fine, meanwhile, charged my battery in their phone and it charged fine and then for 2 months no repeat of the problem...
then last week, it happened again, trouble is this time i'm on school holidays and can't use the friend's phone for another 3 weeks!
My friend you may have gotten a faulty phone, and i'm quite positive that u did...The
phone may have suffered some water damaged and it was not listed by the seller. Maybe u could send the seller back a nice message. Hope this helps.