An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: fualt on DS
By putting the case together you've short circuit the black wire with the powerconnector. Open the bottom case and check the wire. Check Fuses F1 and F2. 99,9% change that one of them is blown out. Replacements can be found on the Internet
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The screen that does NOT flash will need replacing.
It may look fine and dandy but there is still an issue.
The reason for the flash is that when switched on the DS lite performs a qucik check of the screens, if there is an issue the unit will switch itself off again.
My answer is, judging that you have said you have taken it apart to have a look that you are willing to repair it yourself. Have a look on ebay for the relevant screen (plenty of people on ebay stock them) and then replace the screen that does NOT flash.
This should solve your issue.
If you need a guide to replace the respective screen click on my name to access my profile and at the bottom of the page you will find my guides.
One of you're screens is broken or the F2 fuse has blown.
Check youtube for a video on "how to check my DS lite F2 fuses" there are several available that give step by step guidance on how to do this.
Having checked these (and replaced blown ones) and you're screens are still not working then it is a screen that has blown.
If the bottom screen flashes for a split second when you turn it on then it is you're TOP screen that has blown and needs to be replaced. If it doen't flash then it is you're bottom screen that is broken and needs to be replaced.
well, both of you have a broken fuse, and kgould3 has a broken hinge and screen.
1. well, the it is fairly easy to fix a broken hinge, and the screen is a bit tricky, but www.powergamingparts.com has awesome (free) repair guides that are easy to follow and with a little time and patience you can fix that in a jiffy (they even sell everything you need)
2. the fuses, on the other hand are really difficult. a. you might just want to sell it on ebay and people make a living off fixing and reselling the product b. if you really want to fix it, then you are going to need to resolder the F1 or F2 or both fuses
if you guys want info on it, just notify me and i will give you the details