I was using my computer and all of sudden it went off. No battery warning or anything. Now it won't come back on. I have the power cord hook into it and the light that shows when its charging is on. I have a Acer Travelmate 2480 Can you help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
what is the meaning of won't boot. is your laptop powering on or not. did you see any leds lighting up.
if leds are lighting up then it might be a incorrect ram seating or hard disk might be not connected properly.
if no leds are lighting up. then check your system with the adapter connected.
if it is turning on by adapter connected. then your battery is dead. try to replace your battery.
if you have done all of this. just reset the bios. WARNING: if you don't have any knowledge of opening a laptop, then don't do the following steps. it is your responsibility for any unnecessary damage.
just open the back cover and reset the bios settings by removing the CMOS Battery inside the laptop.
if you have done this also. take your laptop to ACER service center
It could be a wide verity of things. Follow this list and you should find your solution.
1. Plug the computer into the wall so that it gets power. It could be that the battery went flat or that the power pack is broken.
2. Try turning it on. Check if it makes any noise like a fan, or if you feel any vibrations. If its plugged in and you do not hear anything when you try to boot it up, it is a bad power pack.
3. If you do hear noise it is your display that has dyed. I would check if the computer is under warenty and if it still is to send it back to Acer so that they can repair it for free.
Take the battery out and try to boot the computer up with the external power supply.. If this works the the battery is shorted. If it doesn't then you will need to try another power supply, if that doesn't work then something internal has shorted in laptop
If it don't boot and you get a curser then the hard drive lost its boot sector and you will have to run linux recovery cd, if it did not come with a cd then you have to call the manufacture to have the ship one out to you.
Hi When you first turn the machine on hit F2, that will take you into the bios menu, i don't know what version your machine is using, but the information is usually on the first page, you should find it easy enough because it will be next to the CD/DVD drive.
please clarify this sequence of events:
"on AC power,it seems to be working fine. But the problem occurs when I try restart it on the next morning"... was it restarted next morning on AC power or battery...which one?