- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Caller ID information is sent after the first full ring. If the call is answered too soon, the caller ID information may not have been sent yet. Some of the many and varied networks do not send caller ID information. In this case you may notice that caller ID is missing only on calls from certain callers. Occasionally bad data is sent, causing your phone to reject it.
Which phone are you using ? Check your applications if your have installed any software like Voice/Talking Caller Id or something similar . This software will be the reason the Caller id is a voice and not a ring-tone. Even check the settings in ring-tone if you and option to switch off Voice Caller id. Either uninstall the software or disable the software from the options within.
with the phone closed, goto tools, voice commands....click on settings in the lower right.......scroll down to call alert.......change to ring only or caller id+ring....on the env that should solve your problem
with the phone closed, goto tools, voice commands....click on settings
in the lower right.......scroll down to call alert.......change to ring
only or caller id+ring....on the env that should solve your problem
Here are the step by step instructions:
0. Put your ringtones in the local folder: \Application Data\Sounds
1. Go to "Contacts"
2. Select the contact you want to add a ringtone to
3. Click "Edit" (the left soft key below the screen, it will be the one to the right of the Home key)
4. Scroll down to Custom Ring Tone
5. The ringtones you placed in the folder should be listed