Question about Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
You must do this in order to get the sound working on the C700 series with XP, the LAN drivers can be found at driverguide.com:
This model of Presario has an audio controller that supports
the high definition audio. You need to have Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) bus driver for high definition audio installed on the computer before installing the audio driver.
Here is the link for the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture driver that need to be installed before installing the audio driver:
After installing the UAA driver from the above links you have
to restart the notebook and then install Conexant high definition
audio driver from the following link :
Installing the audio drivers may result in an error, but continue
with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "audio device on high definition audio bus" and click update driver.
3. Select "install from a list or specific location"
4. Click next. Then select "don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click next and then select "sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click next and then click have disk.
7. Click browse C:swsetupsp34200 folder and select the .inf file and click open and continue with the on screen instructions.
Posted on Aug 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 22, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jan 26, 2009 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jan 24, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Jun 15, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Aug 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 15, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Jul 27, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Mar 27, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
291 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: