Question about Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
It grabbed a sheet of paper crooked but it printed noisily. Now it won't clear. I restarted, turned off overnight, re-ran the install disk, moved ink cartridges back and forth, pushed paper halfway down (and then it runs it the paper straight thru), but still won't clear message so I can pint. Green light blinking.
Please help. Thank you.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
the Encoder Strip is Broken or Missing
1.Power down the printer and unplug the power.
2.Slide the cartridge carrier inside the printer a couple of inches to the left.
3.Locate the encoder strip (Figure 1) on the right-side of the cartridge carrier encoder strip
The encoder strip is a plastic strip with small markings over its entire length. The strip may appear to be translucent.
Reposition the Encoder Strip
1. Remove the power cord from the printer.
2. Lift the scanner unit to expose the inside, where the printer cartridges are located.
3. Gently slide the ink cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer.
4. Gently move the top part of the printer belt to the right.
5. Using an index finger, gently push encoder strip (Figure 1) down and then back up, to get it back into the slot located on the back of the ink cartridge carrier.
6. Gently press the strip first to the rear, and then forward, to ensure that it is seated correctly.
7. Manually move the ink cartridge carrier to the left, then to the right, to check the positioning of the encoder strip.
8. Once the encoder strip has been re-seated, close the scanner lid.
9. Re-connect the power cord to the printer.
Ensure the Paper Tray is Not Overfilled
Each printer tray has a maximum capacity rating, and this rating is based on a specific paper weight and or thickness. Consequently, situations might arise in which the tray will not be able to accommodate the maximum number of sheets listed in the printer specifications. Verify that the paper is not packed too tightly in the paper tray.
Adjust the Printer Paper Guides
Adjust the paper guides to fit the size paper being used .The guides should be close (1/16" or less) to the paper without touching, so that the paper stays properly aligned without continually rubbing the guides.
Locate and Remove Any Obstructions Inside the Printer and Input Tray
1. Open the front cover and make sure the kickstand (if there is one) is engaged.
2. Locate and remove any obstructions within the printer, such as paper pieces, staples, tape, or other objects.
3. Close the cover.
4. Remove all paper from the input tray.
5. Inspect the input tray for any obstructions.\
6. Remove any visible obstructions.
7. Reinsert the paper.
Clean the paper feed roller on the printer.
1. Power down the printer and disconnect the power cord.
2. Remove all paper from the input tray.
3. Wipe the roller gently with a damp cloth.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Number following "E"
How to correct
No paper. /
Paper does not feed.
If paper is not installed, load it
and then press the <Black> or <Color> button. When paper is
installed, check each of the following items and try printing again.
1. Confirm only recommended paper is installed.
2. Confirm paper is installed properly.
3. Confirm the maximum number of sheets in the auto sheet feeder is within the paper limit mark.
4. Clean the paper feed roller to resolve the error.
Remove the jammed paper.
If paper jams frequently occur, check the following:
1. Confirm there is no foreign material inside the machine.
2. Confirm only recommended paper is installed.
3. Confirm paper is installed properly.
4. Confirm the maximum number of sheets in the auto sheet feeder is within the paper limit mark.
Empty ink tank
An ink cartridge is empty.
To cancel printing, press the <Stop/Reset> button.
To continue printing, press <Black> or <Color> button.
After printing completes, replace the empty ink cartridge.
Printing with an empty ink cartridge may cause the machine to malfunction.
The ink cartridge(s) is not installed. / The ink cartridge(s) cannot be recognized.
The ink cartridge may not be installed properly, or an unsupported ink cartridge may be installed.
Install a recommended ink cartridge.
Make sure to install both ink cartridges even when you set the machine to use only one ink cartridge in printing.
If one of the ink cartridges is missing, this error can occur.
The ink cartridge is not installed in the appropriate position.
The ink cartridge is not installed in the proper position.
Install each ink cartridge in the proper position.
The waste ink absorber is almost full.
The waste ink absorber is getting full.
Press the <Black> or <Color> button to clear the error and continue printing.
Printing can continue until the waste ink absorber becomes full. If the waste ink absorber becomes full, the machine will require service.
The waste ink absorber is a part inside the machine, which absorbs ink used in the cleaning operations.
A specified period of time has
elapsed without receiving a response from the digital camera. / A print
mode compliant with PictBridge is not selected. / A specified period of
time has elapsed without receiving a response from the digital camera.
The machine cannot communicate with the connected camera.
Disconnect the cable between the machine and the camera to clear the error.
Check the following items, then try printing again.
1. Confirm that the camera you are using supports PictBridge or Canon Bubble Jet Direct.
If the camera does not support either one, the machine cannot print directly from the camera.
2. Set the camera in PictBridge print mode before it is connected to the machine. This is required before printing for some cameras that support PictBridge.
Please refer to the camera instructions for more information about procedures required before and after connection to the machine.
3. There may have been no response from the camera for the prescribed time.
Re-connect the cable between the camera and the machine.
1 , 4
1 , 5
The ink cartridge cannot be recognized.
An unsupported ink cartridge may be installed.
Install only recommended ink cartridges.
The ink level cannot be correctly detected.
A used ink cartridge may be installed, or the ink cartridge is empty.
Replace the ink cartridge.
Press the <Black> or <Color> button, to clear the error
and continue printing without replacing the ink cartridge. However, the
remaining ink amount cannot be detected properly, so the function to
detect the remaining ink amount does not operate.
1 , 9
Scanning a document failed.
Check if the document is placed in the correct orientation / position and try the operation again.
2 , x
3 , x
4 , x
(Where x represents a number)
Turn the machine off, and remove the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Wait approximately ten minutes then plug in the power cord and turn the machine on.
If the problem is not resolved, the machine may require service.
Feb 18, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 13, 2011 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Jan 15, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP190 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 17, 2009 | Brother MFC 4420C All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 08, 2009 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 05, 2009 | Epson Stylus RX580 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 27, 2008 | Lexmark P6250 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
175 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!