- Open Internet Explorer (even if you normally use the AOL or MSN browser).
- Click Tools on the IE toolbar.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the middle of the Internet Options window, click the 'Settings' button in the middle in the Temporary Internet Files section.
- On the Settings screen, click the View Objects tab. This is where your browser stores the actual game applet.
- Look for any files in the list that are Pogo games. Things like 'PopFu by Pogo', 'Freecell by Pogo' and so on, and delete those.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion of each file.
Installing or re-installing Sun Java
Once you are sure you are using the latest version of Sun Java, please follow these instructions to delete the Java cache and objects if you're using Windows.
- Go to the Sun Java Download page at www.java.com.
- The steps may vary as Sun updates this page periodically.
- Click the Download button that is usually on the right side of the page.
- Click the Begin Download button.
- Next you may encounter a warning message that instructs you on 'Installing the ActiveX Control'. Please follow the instruction to allow the installation.
- If you see a Security Warning for installing the J2SE Runtime Environment, click Install.
- Next you will be prompted to read and accept the license agreement. After reading the agreement click next to 'I accept...' and click Next.
- When prompted, choose 'Typical' installation, and click Next.
- When the installation is complete, you may be asked to restart your computer now or later. Choose to restart it now.
- After your computer has restarted and you are online, go back and try to play again.
This should probably be done whenever you encounter a problem with the way a game is functioning. Restarting your computer after doing so can also help the performance of the game.
- Click the following things in order: Start -> Control Panel -> Java -> 'General' tab.
- Click the Delete Files button located in the Temporary Internet Files section.
- Make sure all three boxes are selected, and click OK.