- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This can be caused by a dirty laser in the drive. Try cleaning the laser with a q-tip and alcohol. If this does not fix the problem, the laser may need to be replaced. Contact Sony and see if the unit is still under warranty.
hi i have the same problem with my ps3 60gb i rang sony and they told me to restore it so i did but it didnt work so then they told me to do a full system restore but just as i was about to confirm it i asked will this delete all of my data and they said yes and they told me how to save all my data (over 30 games of data) onto 8gb memory stick so i backed up all my data then i did a full system restore i am just waiting 3 hours. they said if it still doesent work they will send me a brand new 60gb ps3 so at the moment i want a brand new ps3 so fingers crossed mine is totally fu%&*d but i hope this helps everybody and p.s. dont try fixing this yourself because you wont ever get a 60gb again and you will have to pay a lot for a new ps3 and i might be getting a 60 gb ps3 for free :) h once i have restored it i will update you by tonight.
this is a problem with some ps3's especialy the high GB ones like mine. they made it so most if not all of the ps2 games cannot be played to cut down on price and to leave room for all the memory. so you can still play ps1's but you cant play ps2's. sorry
I had a similar problem. My PS3 did not load the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu. I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted
try to clean up the disk and listen for any odd sounds when your xbox is spinning up the disks. If they work in friends xboxs but not yours im assuming its your xbox. Is it only when you use your profile? Do you have a parental block on some games? ned a little more info please and thank you
This is a dirty or bad bluray drive which seems to be the same as the 3 rings of death for the 360..
Buy a cd laser cleaner and try that if it does not work your laser diode is bad and a new laser is 50$ via ebay.. if you dont want to get to technical then you can buy a drive for 120ish and switch them out.
Sony will charge 150$ + to fix it other then that there is no way around it.. and I believe you need a proof of purchase to get the warranty. I really hope the cd cleaner works but if not then your stuck...
You can sell it on ebay and if its a 60gb you can get about 200 for it... then buy a like new 40gb ps3 for 300ish I have seen just consoles sell at 290 incl shipping. Best of luck!
If you are happy please feel free to rate me THANKS!