Question about HP DeskJet 3550 InkJet Printer
I eventually discovered that the blinking was simply caused by the printer running out of ink. I intially dismissed this as a possibility because Windows always used to warn us when the ink was getting low. However, I presume that we no longer get those warnings now that we're running on Vista rather than XP - a compatibility issue I guess.
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2011 | HP DeskJet 3550 InkJet Printer
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Mar 27, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 28, 2010 | HP Color Laserjet 3550 Printer
Feb 02, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 11, 2009 | HP DeskJet 3550 InkJet Printer
Jul 31, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Jun 09, 2009 | HP DeskJet 5550 InkJet Printer
Oct 21, 2008 | HP DeskJet 3550 InkJet Printer
Jun 26, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
242 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!