My microwave is not working anymore. The fuses are ok. On the lowest screen you can hardly read Er4 (in the sun). On the upper screen there is the time, but you can hardly read that too. In the manual it's saying: contact cutomer service. Can i fix it myself?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
No! the main fuse is okay because you would not have any power. I would check all door switches because they control light, fan, and turntable. If you are handy with a meter, set to ohms, disconnect one wire on side of switch, use meter to test, readings should show open/short when pressing the button and releasing it, replace wire to switch and repeat, if you hit one with the same readings pressed in or out, change the switch.
Probably the failure of a high-amperage fuse inside the unit.
The electronics are generally separately fused so one section can fail leaving the other functioning.
If there is no external fuseholder on the back panel, it will be necessary to remove the housing to access the innards.
The fuse that has blown may have blown because of metal fatigue but the cause could also be more serious, namely the high voltage diode (or diode bridge) that converts high voltage AC into the DC required for the magnetron or even the magnetron itself may have developed an internal short.
If you locate the fuse, buy two of them and if the first replacement fails again, then the diode(s) or magnetron has failed and with the cost of service plus parts markup, you will be better off replacing the whole unit.
Sure sounds like it is losing power. First check the fuse and fuse holder. These companies are using really cheap fuse holders and they do not grab the fuse tightly, thye get hot and start to melt the fuse. Remove the fuse and look for signs of heat or flux running from the silver ends of the fuse. if you see signs of it being hot I would replace the fuse and fuse holder. Make sure ALL connections are tight and give it a try. I search long and hard to find fuse holders I like and can trust to do a long term repair. if you cant count on a part, the repair wont hold up and then Its MY reputation that suffers, Damn companies always choosing the cheap way out on making parts. When I started repairing Microwaves, a Home Microwave cost about 800.00 I see them sell at certain stores for 18.88!!!! how can you have good parts in there for 18.88?? Nobody makes things to last anymore. SAD!!! Fill The landfills and buy a new one. except the new one is Cheap Garbage!! Since it goes blank it sound like it is losing power. Always could be outlet you have it plugged into. Try different location first, on different breaker
I had a similar problem with my Whirlpool microwave. I replaced a fuse (after reading posts in this forum) and it's working again. I'm not sure how similar your model is, but in my case it was an in-line fuse in a wire leading down from the main fuse in the upper right corner behind the control panel.
Exactly the same problem over here, but after our house was hit by lightning, so not really surprised about the cause of the problem. If you look closely, you can still see the displays on a very low light level. I can still choose a microwave program, turn the time etc, and see the time changing, but start won't just just work.
m.de.man att zonnet.nl
Yup, I had the same problem. The unit just stopped working. I gather that this is a common problem with this model. I followed other posts elsewhere, and found the fuse behind and near the top of the control panel. There's a white, cylindrical plastic thing about 1.5-in long in one of the wires that run down from the main fuse in the upper right corner. Pop open the case (you may have to cut a plastic tie around it). I replaced the fuse. My microwave is working now. We'll see how long it lasts.
It's hard to tell what kind of fuse it is, but reading elsewhere, it's a 250V 4A 5x20mm slow-blow fuse. I haven't found a ceramic one just like came out, but a 4-pack of glass fuses that fit the specs are $3 at Radio Shack. PN 270-1066. (No endorsement implied, it's just where I found something that worked.)
No, the fuse in question (and there appears to be another like it lower behind the control panel) isn't on any of the diagrams or parts lists.
1. Have you tested the outlet by plugging in something else and confirming that the outlet is good? If another device doesn't work in the outlet, then you have a bad fuse or breaker that powers that circuit in the house.
2. If power is OK, you probably have a bad fuse in the oven. You'll need to unplug the oven and remove the outside cover. Replace the fuse with the EXACT same rating of fuse of the original.
Please get back to me and let me know what you find.
Unplug power open cover detach on side of terminal wire check fuse test w/ multi tester both end of fuse if reading good but not reading /replace fuse same amphere.Check also the diode pop or not / if not ok. treturn all screws and test microwave.