Question about Computers & Internet
MSN Message error 80048820, unable to signin
- While you try to Sign in MSN Messenger you getting an error message with the no. 80048820
- Unable to Sing in
- Your system time/date incorrect
- Internet Proxy setting incorrect
- softpub.dll disable/missing
- Firewall does not allow to access, etc.
- Remove Internet Explorer proxy server settings and check the 'Automatically detect settings'.
- Launch Internet Explorer, click "Tools" and then click Internet Options. From the Internet Options dialog box, go to the Connections tab. Click LAN Setting. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN checkbox. Finally tick/check: 'Automatically detect settings'.
- Correct the computer system's Time/Day as current (if required).
- Click Start (Button), and then click Run, type regsvr32 softpub.dll click ok.
- Turn off the firewall. Check firewall settings such as Norton: "Block access to secure sites". If this cures the problem, make sure that Microsoft's MSN Messenger is allowed full access through your firewall.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
SOURCE: error code 80048820
Please see below for instructions on how to troubleshoot
If this solution has helped you, please take the time to rate me.
Posted on Oct 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2011 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Nov 23, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Live Messenger
Apr 02, 2010 | Microsoft MSN Messenger Connect Service
Jan 30, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Oct 08, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Oct 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 29, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Live Messanger
Jan 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 09, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Usually answered in minutes!