The receiver works fine until I plug it in the 12 volt or ac to charge the unit. The receiver quits functioning and only the windmill screen displays. If I unplug the receiver, then it works fine. If I am driving and need to charge the battery, the unit doesn't operate when being charged (windmill screen displays).
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Problem when receiver is plugged in to charge.
Are you using the charger that came with the unit? If you do not use the one that came with it, the unit may be reading this as though it were plugged into the computer. It will charge then, but will not operate unless unplugged - just as you are describing.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
no it requires full 12 volts to work the clutch the coolant fans have no connection to the ac system so they will not run until the engine temp requires them to
there is a fan normally in front of the condenser coil that will start as soon as the ac compressor gets power
the ac will not work until there is sufficient charge in the system to activate the low pressure switch
have to ask are you using the right gas as 134A requires all new system( evaporator , condenser , compressor , hoses) as the pressures are very much higher than r12 gas
Batteries as you might know now a days are ****. I have done the same things several times in all the gps units I have had. Yes, you can order a battery, replace it, and in a few months have same problem. gps now a days are designed to be plugged in 110 power or 12 volt. Batteries get a memory as you know, so even if you plug it in and leave it on the charger, it will very soon die. Meaning your internal battery is not holding a charge. My advice from experience is, keep it plugged in your 12 volt cig lighter, and then will be fine. Otherwise, to get another battery and install it, with the cost and the short term fix is not worth it. Hope this helps, even though it is not what you wanted to hear, Mike from fixya
The battery life for these lights are for about 2 years at the most if left uncharged. The best way to determine if you need new a new battery or batteries would be to dismantle the light, remove the batteries and check the voltage with a volt meter. If they are dead, you may be able to fine a suitable replacement at: http://www.batterymart.com/c-04-12-volt-sealed-lead-acid-batteries.html
These units have a meter on them that shows if it is full or dead. If it will not charge from an AC wall socket, the unit is probably no good. Check the charger that it comes with to make sure that it doesn't need to be reset. If it has no reset button, you may need to return it for an exchange.
Your Garmin nuvi 5000 will never charge because it has NO internal battery. The only time it will operate is when it is plugged into a 12 volt power source. I have one and it really doesn't bother me at all. I bought a second cradle and a 12 volt adapter for use in the home.
Vacuum works with the battery but does not work with 120 volt. Every time I plug it in it blows the internal fuse. I have replaced the fuse inside the vaccum several times and every time i plug it in it blows. What do you think it could be?